• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

20 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Great flake quality here with heavy snow but the end is already in sight.  You can see it on radar as the warmth surges North.  

All eyes on these thicknesses today.  

Capture1.thumb.PNG.263ea9985b8f505391879750a9eaacd7.PNG

Wouldn't it be great to have, just once, a surprise where the cold air hangs strong along the S shore and we get hammered. LOL. I remember a Miller B, a long time ago, where the E/NE winds continued (the front obviously didn't make it as far north as expected). Got walloped. Here's to hoping.

10 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

These models don't seem to have gotten any better over the years. 12Z Canadian showed a great amount of snow for Upstate. Now? Like a third of that. What is the point of even following them...

I think the models in general have been phenomenal as of late.  You can pretty much lock a storm or setup 10 days out now (obviously lacking some fine details).  The last 3 or 4 "events" we have had were more or less locked 10 to even 14 days out.  They are actually taking the fun out of weather for me. There are no surprises anymore....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I think the models in general have been phenomenal as of late.  You can pretty much lock a storm or setup 10 days out now (obviously lacking some fine details).  The last 3 or 4 "events" we have had were more or less locked 10 to even 14 days out.  They are actually taking the fun out of weather for me. There are no surprises anymore....

Couldn’t agree more. With synoptic, there really aren’t surprises anymore. You take a consensus, cut snow totals by a bit, and that’s that. 

Hey, how was your ski trip? Mine turned out ok. They know how to deal with horrible conditions at Killington. My friends each drank about 20 beers per day (probably 30 last day) so that was interesting. I no longer drink...

I too am thinking one last trip out west. Where are you thinking?