• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

8 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Why did they close before it started?  I think a 2hr delay would of sufficed.

I think the media got them concerned about conditions this afternoon when the kids would be coming home. Just about every school in CNY is closed today. Syracuse City School District closed last night!

Yeah i see that lol

Looking at P&C forecast , today's forecast is ok but will probably finished towards the bottom number..

Tonight looks to high, probably more of a 1-3"/2"-4" type deal..

WEd forecast looks fine with light wraparound snow most of the day , wed night has the most favorable wind direction but that don't mean crap this year lol So we'll see how the lake treats us..

Today
Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 26. Southeast wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tonight
Freezing rain and sleet before 1am, then snow and sleet between 1am and 3am, then snow after 3am. Low around 25. Southeast wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow. High near 33. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. West wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow before 9am, then snow showers likely, mainly between 9am and 11am. High near 34. West wind 6 to 13 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

27 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Why did they close before it started?  I think a 2hr delay would of sufficed.

Actually, it will be far worse this afternoon. Obviously this a.m. nothing happening yet. So a 2 hr delay just guarantees everyone going home at height of storm.

Snows already flyin here, as it didn't take long at all for saturation like I thought!  Won't take long now for things to really ramp up.  Haven't even looked at sn growth so I hope its decent accumulating type flakes, cause if not, it'll be another wasted synoptic event to columns and plates instead of dendrites!

Uh oh as I just sit here at Byrne Dairy in Phoenix waiting for the flakes to start growing in size but their not, lol. Pixie dust garbage falling right now and I hope it changes cause last time it didnt and we wound up with 8 measly inches while everyone else and their Mother got crushed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does anyone think this has a chance of verifying?  11" in Syracuse?  With no wraparound of any significance this looks overdone by a factor of almost 2.   It's going to snow for like 4 or 5 hours...and we're already almost an hour into it with no accumulation to speak of. 

StormTotalSnowWeb.png