• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

The overall biggest correction appears to be to the 12Z NAM which is hundreds of miles farther south with its low track involving the Midwest compared to yesterday's 12Z run. Today's 12Z NAM though is a somewhat stronger outlier with energy it has ejecting through the base of the trough Monday and into Tuesday which leads to a rather well-defined 500/700 mb deformation zone and closed low feature crossing southern MO through central/southern IL. The global models are a little more modest with this by comparison. Bigger differences arise though as the heights falls shift across the northern Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Tuesday night and Wednesday along with secondary low pressure that forms near or along the northern Mid-Atlantic coast and lifts northeast near coastal New England. The 12Z NAM/GFS and 12Z UKMET all tend to focus the stronger height falls a bit east of the 12Z ECMWF and even more so the 12Z CMC which gradually ends up slower with its upper trough progression. This translates into a surface low track that especially by 48 hours and beyond is farther south and east relative to the track over the lower Great Lakes. The 12Z GEFS mean is close to the NAM/GFS camp, and suggests that the UKMET may be a bit too far south and east, but that the CMC and ECMWF are too far to the north and west. Regarding the secondary low evolution, the 12Z CMC is the biggest outlier as it focuses its low much farther inland over the Northeast whereas the remaining guidance all focuses secondary low development and track much closer to the northern Mid-Atlantic and New England coastline or just inland of the coast through Wednesday. Given the latest model clustering and trends, the preference will be toward a general model blend through 48 hours, and then leaning toward a compromise of the 12Z NAM/GFS and also incorporating the 12Z GEFS mean thereafter. One key point again though is that the NAM is a bit of an outlier with its stronger deformation zone/height falls across southern MO and central/southern IL which is generally in the 48 to 60 hour time period. Confidence, especially after 48 hours remains a bit limited but is rather good now prior to this.

Where have we seen this before haha

The Nam has a quick 5"-6" Tuesday afternoon similar to the euro before flipping to sleet and then back to snow..

One thing I have noticed is even with the secondary becoming the primary the lakes low is not in hurry to leave, has more effect on the wind field then the coastal storm does..

snku_acc.us_ne (21).png

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m even sick of hearing my own pessimistic tone. I can’t imagine how horrible I must sound to others. Lol. Christ. Can I block myself? 

Lol...I haven't checked out the New England forum..they've gotta be gnashing teeth in Southern parts.

An optimist says, "Oh, it will get better..." A pessimist says, "Screw that. I have been waiting 3 months and it has been the same garbage."