• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Temps just jump to 34...looks like a sharp temp drop over N Cayuga cty and east...

21 at SYR, 22 here and 23 at Fulton...meanwhile 36 at ROC and 28 at Watertown, KART. Quite a gradient.  A lot of wasted qpf today unfortunately.  Given WNY already peaked out for temps, I doubt we break above freezing here in CNY.  Channel 9 locally had us at 30 degrees by 7pm, which seemed absurd but that's what Teske was saying at 530pm...while it was still 18 degrees. 

NWS must of heard my complaints lol

Took rain out the forecast added some snow accumulation. 

Tonight
Freezing rain and sleet before 11pm, then snow showers and sleet between 11pm and 1am, then snow showers after 1am. Low around 23. Breezy, with a southeast wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

21 at SYR, 22 here and 23 at Fulton...meanwhile 36 at ROC and 28 at Watertown, KART. Quite a gradient.  A lot of wasted qpf today unfortunately.  Given WNY already peaked out for temps, I doubt we break above freezing here in CNY.  Channel 9 locally had us at 30 degrees by 7pm, which seemed absurd but that's what Teske was saying at 530pm...while it was still 18 degrees. 

Yea, I see NIA is dropping close to freezing again after getting to 37 a couple hours ago. BUF and ROC have dropped a degree or 2 as well. Not sure if it's due to precip or cold air fighting back.

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

NWS must of heard my complaints lol

Took rain out the forecast added some snow accumulation. 

Tonight
Freezing rain and sleet before 11pm, then snow showers and sleet between 11pm and 1am, then snow showers after 1am. Low around 23. Breezy, with a southeast wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Plain Rain is a ridiculous forecast here. I just checked and we are actually at 21 degrees and raining pretty good.  If we do crack 32 the precip will have ended by then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

It's actualy colder down that way then up here..

Weather underground showing mid 20's from the southern tug to pulaski.

Lower 20's down your way and lower 30's just south of downtown syracuse..Wierd lol

My guess is a CAD event ongoing down the Mohawk valley from the east and north. Wind barbs are due east on the diagram Southbuffalo posted.  I’ve seen it before but its not that common. KALB still at 19 degrees.  Although KSYR now at 24 as of 10pm. I am up to 23! So we are losing that signature now. Still raining though.

• Like 1

As I said yesterday this was going to be an interesting storm to watch unfold. I would love to see the soundings this afternoon into tonight after we flipped to sleet. I bet the above freezing layer in the atmosphere was not very deep. Just makes you wonder how much snow we would have had if it would have stayed all snow for another 6 hours. For a while around noon it was snowing the hardest here as it has all winter. 

Well that was an interesting storm...

A fresh 1.75" atop 4" of snow and a thick crust of ice in between. Like some sort of half azzed cake.  Total of 5.9" snow...6.2" including sleet. Still melting the snow gauge while I attempt to snowblow this mess...

Oh, 26F. Never did make it near freezing though I see KART is at 32.