• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

There's a ton of cold air just to our North being transported down through the Northeast.  Stiff NE winds are bringing down some very cold air so..........

925mb.gif?1549922131301

Temps were supposed to get to the low 30's meanwhile we never made it out of the 20's.  I think were looking at a colder storm and a quicker transfer as I doubt that SLP moves all that HP to our North so we'll see.  

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Well Toronto has 4-5 million people. It's tough to compare to that amount of infrastructure and population. There is less then 4-5 million across all of New York State if you subtract NYC. 

You know that's an interesting point. People in northern Ontario and, indeed much of the rest of Canada, like to laugh at Toronto when 8-10" of snow causes havoc. The thing is that 8" on a city this size has more impact than a foot on a small town in northern Ontario. More people live in Toronto than in all of the Maritime provinces and northern Ontario put together.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

You know that's an interesting point. People in northern Ontario and, indeed much of the rest of Canada, like to laugh at Toronto when 8-10" of snow causes havoc. The thing is that 8" on a city this size has more impact than a foot on a small town in northern Ontario. More people live in Toronto than in all of the Maritime provinces and northern Ontario put together.

Yea I can't imagine the mess a city like Toronto would be. Buffalo is a big enough shit show with roads as it is.

Pretty fascinating event in Hawaii today with the first snow in recorded history observed on Maui.  I just started looking at model runs and they are impressive to say the least.  I forget how ridiculous storms are in the pacific.  A seemingly endless supply of huge explosive lows strengthening to 950mb, just one after another! 

The storm that hit hawaii is interesting.  Two sfc lows phase and cutoff taking a chunk of very cold air with them.  The 540 line shows us a few times which is wild.  The storm also just sits there for days.  Can only imagine the rains in the mountains.  I've been to hawaii and its no joke on a regular day....

191mph ridge line winds
60 foot waves
Snow at 6300 feet.

Great stuff!

gfs_z500_mslp_npac_fh0-144.thumb.gif.0493da765d2d5a4931b28e6ddc67a763.gif

• Like 7