• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Precip all along the South Shore just shot up and over 1" liq eq on the Euro so perhaps as the system jumps the Rockies its getting better sampled as I wholeheartedly believe when a system is over the inter-mountain region, along the Rockies, its just not sampled properly, cause this will be the third time now a system, after its passed, and starts to redevelop along the lee side of the Rockies, and it moves out into the open plains everything changes.

• Like 1

For BUF-Roc there just is nothing to stop that warm punch of air. It trains up Erie and onto the Niagara escarpment. North Country still looks good. As does ENY. Battleground (in my feeble mind) is Oswego County and just NE of Syracuse. 

Hoping on that dry slot once the upper warmth rolls in. Because it ain’t gonna last! 

6 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

For BUF-Roc there just is nothing to stop that warm punch of air. It trains up Erie and onto the Niagara escarpment. North Country still looks good. As does ENY. Battleground (in my feeble mind) is Oswego County and just NE of Syracuse. 

Hoping on that dry slot once the upper warmth rolls in. Because it ain’t gonna last! 

Yup, this is a just a big nasty rainstorm for KROC, no way to get around this one.  Then it rains again, and again, and again, and again in the coming weeks.  Just a bad pattern for upstate.  Other places are having the best winter of their lives.  That's how the weather goes.  

Its pretty crazy the difference in winter weather expectations/dealing with snow between LE areas and non-LE areas. Toronto should see 6-10" from this and for me down in Hamilton 4-8". Theres already talk of stay off the roads, work from home if you can, most likely numerous school cancellations. Our local weather station (The weather network) is in storm watch mode. However, you guys just saw widespread 10-20" two weeks ago, that would most likely have crippled Toronto for days. You guys are definitely more prepared for snow compared to us which is funny since it runs against the American-Canadian stereotype of Canadians being winter hardened. 

1 hour ago, tim123 said:

Really. I don't see a rainstorm at all. Maybe flip to drizzle showers after alot of frozen

I think ROC will go above freezing sometime around mid afternoon tomorrow and stay there until 6am Wednesday.  Not even sure how much precip we will get with downsloping and dry slotting but It's a swing and a miss for my backyard.  And if we do get precip for those 15 hours above freezing, thats called a rainstorm.  

Remember 3 weeks ago when we saw all these rainstorms on the horizon and people assured me it wouldnt happen?   Well, it happened, and it keeps happening.  It's an ugly pattern and its locked in.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Its pretty crazy the difference in winter weather expectations/dealing with snow between LE areas and non-LE areas. Toronto should see 6-10" from this and for me down in Hamilton 4-8". Theres already talk of stay off the roads, work from home if you can, most likely numerous school cancellations. Our local weather station (The weather network) is in storm watch mode. However, you guys just saw widespread 10-20" two weeks ago, that would most likely have crippled Toronto for days. You guys are definitely more prepared for snow compared to us which is funny since it runs against the American-Canadian stereotype of Canadians being winter hardened. 

I find Toronto isn't that winter hardened, though. Having lived in both Toronto and Ottawa, I've noticed that Toronto just isn't as ready for this kind of event. If 4" is forecast, people panic. Toronto, for me, is a city that often tries to deny that it's part of a country with a winter climate. There isn't even a winter carnival like in muskoka, Ottawa, Montreal or Quebec City. All festivals  tend to be geared towards warm weather. For Toronto, winter is an inconvenience to get through, not a season to embrace and make the best of.

1 minute ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

I find Toronto isn't that winter hardened, though. Having lived in both Toronto and Ottawa, I've noticed that Toronto just isn't as ready for this kind of event. If 4" is forecast, people panic. Toronto, for me, is a city that often tries to deny that it's part of a country with a winter climate. There isn't even a winter carnival like in muskoka, Ottawa, Montreal or Quebec City. All festivals  tend to be geared towards warm weather. For Toronto, winter is an inconvenience to get through, not a season to embrace and make the best of.

Well Toronto has 4-5 million people. It's tough to compare to that amount of infrastructure and population. There is less then 4-5 million across all of New York State if you subtract NYC. 

11 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I think ROC will go above freezing sometime around mid afternoon tomorrow and stay there until 6am Wednesday.  Not even sure how much precip we will get with downsloping and dry slotting but It's a swing and a miss for my backyard.  And if we do get precip for those 15 hours above freezing, thats called a rainstorm.  

Remember 3 weeks ago when we saw all these rainstorms on the horizon and people assured me it wouldnt happen?   Well, it happened, and it keeps happening.  It's an ugly pattern and its locked in.  

If the winds turn even the slightest south of east, it will be a rainstorm. Hoping it doesn't.