• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, mississaugasnow said:

Looking pretty rainy for the next few weeks. I was also looking at some spring outlooks and the consensus seems to be that we flip from winter to spring in early-mid march. Theres going to be a tiny window at the end of February for some winter weather. 

It has been Spring. Like a late March pattern.

1 hour ago, MAIDEsNow.2 said:

For those in the Lake Erie belts, photos from atop the RF2 Coaster at work here just west of Erie from this afternoon. Pretty much ice free, as far as i could see either direction. Little cloudy, but i think it shows the open water. Was pretty much locked up as late as Sat. 2/2/19 of this past weekend. LES in the cards again if any cold air appears.

20190206_145220_resized.thumb.jpg.1c0a3a99edbb47a68424fd6302d6038b.jpg20190206_145230_resized.thumb.jpg.53a749214f0b74a786e537bc47dee0e9.jpg

great pics, I would of thought there would be some ice by the shore 

Those winds tomorrow night are gonna shift the lake ice all around... maybe open up a few spots for some activity off Erie as well once the front passes and temps crash?

caf5909b686345090cae41aea1847ba5.gif

I’m also curious about this spot on the north shore. Clouds have blocked the MODIS view since Monday but that last shot showed a nice area of thin slush ice or possibly no ice? Considering we’ve stayed on the warmer side since this shot one would assume it could still be in play even though the charts are showing a solid ice pack?

9ae94ce7693a97d1c1e3d80de0df8e64.jpg

• Like 1

I can see it taking shape already via models. Northern Tug gets hit, quickly swings through the Southern Tug, and settles south of here.

This winter has literally been the same song and dance with every event. No need to watch any of the news outlets.

My wife went and sat on our enclosed back porch during our warm day yesterday and had a mosquito attacking her. With that sign of spring approaching, I am getting closer to calling it...this winter has burned me out.

24 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Euro caved to the GFS, lol! No transfer and we rain from beginning to end, I'm done, see everyone next season!

I don’t know the details of what the Euro is showing but the GFS gives us a 3-6 inch front end thump before changing to rain and the FV3 keeps enough of a coastal development to keep it mostly snow over us. GFS then follows up with a snow event the following weekend. What about the lake effect potential for tomorrow night?  It looks like southern Oswego County will finally get into this one.   Do we need a 2 foot forecast to get excited?  Freak, I love your penchant for hyperbole but you and I both know you’re not going anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some nice winds tomorrow.

...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 5 PM EST
FRIDAY...

* LOCATIONS...Niagara, Orleans, Monroe, Erie, Genesee, and
  Wyoming counties.

* TIMING...From midnight tonight through late Friday afternoon.

* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.

* IMPACTS...Strong wind gusts will bring down trees and power
  lines and result in scattered power outages. Minor property
  damage is also possible, especially to roofs and siding.
  Travel in high profile vehicles will be very difficult at
  times.