• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Dude. We just finished January. January! I’m gonna smack the next person who says they are ready to be done. Wrong board. Wrong hemisphere. Wrong attitude. 

You just said it is going to be a wet February. That sort of sounds like end of winter... Lol

50s in much of western upstate New York...again. This winter blows.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Got up to 59 degrees here today. Absolutley obliterated the snowpack with full sunshine for several hours. Temp has since slipped back down to 50 but our snowpack is down to about 6” now. Will likely be wiped out after tomorrow. Forecast was for 45 degrees today and we almost hit 60! 

Yeah, we roasted here in WNY. I drove home from NYC this morning and the thermometer kept climbing the whole way. Even had the windows down when the blowtorch really kicked in west of the Genny valley. Meanwhile, I think northeaster NY up around Plattsburgh is in the teens today with some snow. 

14 minutes ago, WxNoob said:

So much bitching and moaning lol winter is only half over.  Everyone here has gotten 50+ inches of snow this season - does every winter need to be a record breaker? 

I agree that bitching about not enough snow when most of us are at or above normal is kind of ridiculous. However, aside from higher elevations the lake plains and the golden horseshoe have about 3 weeks left of winter. After that average temperatures start soaring into the 40s and we normally see our first 70F day. So March is kind of like October, in the sense that yes you can get winter weather but you can also get 70-80F.   

What a beautiful day out, sitting at 54°, wonder if we can make a run at 60..

Just took my first 5 mile walk of the year!!!

Just like how you beef cakes love to go to the gym I Walk Walk Walk lol

Haven't been to the gym since I was 18, I'm now 36 lol

I walked most of this in a calendar year dropping from 250lb to 165lb, walking in nature is also a tremendous stress reliever and the best medicine you can use for anxiety/ADHD/depression.:D

Winter who? Haha

Screenshot_20190204-120738.png

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I walked most of this in a calendar year dropping from 250lb to 165lb, walking in nature is also a tremendous stress reliever and the best medicine you can use for anxiety/ADHD/depression.

Winter who? Haha

Good for you, Wolfie.  Losing 85 pounds is quite an accomplishment!  When I was younger I used  to scoff at walking like it wasn’t really exercising. Now I wish I could walk a couple of miles, it’s great exercise. I have a knee so bad it hurts when I walk around Wegmans. I’m probably looking at a knee replacement pretty soon. 

• Sad 3

Already up to almost 13 feet, highest in the last 10 years and nearing Major flood stage... not good.

Over 13’ and still rising. Stuck at work so no creek watching today but from what I saw earlier the levels in SB were not rising yet. The gauge is located near Ridge and OP roads so if it’s rising there jam has to be somewhere near the high school in WS. Was thinking the lack of rain might lessen some of the flood potential but actually I think that could worsen the jamming as the water will not be coming downstream as forcefully and could keep piling up... Could be an interesting evening.
fb542eaf88badd4252d0a56a4a094f51.jpg

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

I walked most of this in a calendar year dropping from 250lb to 165lb, walking in nature is also a tremendous stress reliever and the best medicine you can use for anxiety/ADHD/depression.:D

Winter who? Haha

Way to go! I walk for many of the same reasons. I am 37. Maybe we could meet up for some hikes?

While the beef cakes show off their pecs, it is time for us to start posting calf pics....

• Haha 1

My weight lifting routine is secondary to my cardio routine. I’ve done 5 tough mudders, a bunch of 5ks, the ride for Roswell 66 mile bike ride, and plan to do some spartan races and train for the 102 mile bike ride for cancer for Roswell. I can do a 21-22 min 3 mile. Don’t let my lifts fool ya. ;) Quite a few of my friends do personal training, it’s my dream job aside from meteorology. It just doesn’t pay well at all. It’s exciting seeing people change their lives in such a short time. Speaking of cancer my mom got diagnosed with it, were not sure what kind yet but it doesn’t look good. :(

• Sad 3

Caz creek is now nearing major flood stage only 9 inches away from 14 feet. Buffalo Creek at Gardenville also in West Seneca is now in major flood stage at almost 9.5 feet which is an all time top 5 crest and it’s still rising! There must be some serious Ice Jams going on. Wish I wasn’t working so I could check them out. 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My weight lifting routine is secondary to my cardio routine. I’ve done 5 tough mudders, a bunch of 5ks, the ride for Roswell 66 mile bike ride, and plan to do some spartan races and train for the 102 mile bike ride for cancer for Roswell. I can do a 21-22 min 3 mile. Don’t let my lifts fool ya. ;) Quite a few of my friends do personal training, it’s my dream job aside from meteorology. It just doesn’t pay well at all. It’s exciting seeing people change their lives in such a short time. Speaking of cancer my mom got diagnosed with it, were not sure what kind yet but it doesn’t look good. :(

Sorry to hear about your mother, she’s probably about my age (maybe younger). Is she going to Roswell Park, you can’t do much better than that?

I’ve always had a weight problem. In my 20s I was up to about 250 lbs. I started doing aerobics during the aerobics craze in the 80s and loved it and within 6 months I lost 60 lbs. I kept exercising through my 30s. Unfortunately as I got into middle age I got lazy and put weight back on. Now I’m paying for it with Type 2 diabetes and heart issues. I would love to at least start walking but as I said I have a really bad knee so I’m going to need to fix that first. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Tough news BW. As a green card carrying member of Roswell I can say first hand she's in great hands and is at the forefront of cancer research and treatment. Prayers to her and your family.

• Like 2