• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Still terrible conditions in Williamsville...starting to believe the open waters over the northern part of lake Erie is going to continue feeding this band all night.

Yeah, I just drove up to main st near intersection with Harlem and it’s brutal. My unofficial total is in the 22-24” range. 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just having a really hard time getting the Ontario stuff into town. It's snowing lightly, and it's windy, but the rates are not there to pile things up. Radar just doesn't look good looks epic with a band crushing the north side of Watertown right now.

Fixed it for you...If you're not in it now, you must be close enough to smell it...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tim123 said:

I see roc had some heavy snow today. Not sure how much. But probally 3 inches

Here is my driveway which was clear this am. If anything numbers would be slightly inflated as snow tends to drift into low spots. A quarter inch of snow is actually being generous.  More or less a dusting from pretty much the best event we could hope for. Another nail in the Tim hype coffin

AB83E531-962A-443C-AEB0-54C4503C4CB8.thumb.jpeg.d0ce17dd0ef6faf1eb8c0c4a92e2f516.jpeg

7 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Delta. Airport had .4 inches before band hit. Maybe your in a snowhole. Every time we get snow you report the least.

The airport ASOS is always on the high end. I always average my numbers and measure accurately. What you are noticing is how people inflate totals and take the highest measurement they can find.  If you want the real deal number, Just look for obs. They will be the correct one.  

The blowing and drifting was severe though.  Pretty crazy whiteouts and mayhem on the roads.   My normal 8 minute commute route was closed. I ended up driving 33 miles and was on the road for an hour and 15 minutes. That was pretty insane.