• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

22 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Three days or rain chances and temps in the 40's for the high peaks next week.  You can't make this shit up.  I'm just going into it like its a spring skiing trip. 

Soul crushing though.  Been planning this trip since August, we have a crew of 20 people.....boooooo

You and me both

Forecast here went from 10"-20" to 16"-26" plus what ever falls on friday morning...

Tonight
Snow showers likely, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow before 1pm, then snow showers likely after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow after 9am. High near 10. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a southwest wind 11 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow before 8pm. Low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -15. Southwest wind 7 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Friday
Snow showers, mainly before 2pm. High near 15. Light and variable wind becoming west around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

12 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Blue skies now! 

It keeps getting better. EF6C9A0C-CB4B-4543-A238-59B2F93FBAAE_zps

Yeah dude this garbage!  Watching the video from Hamburg/OP getting crushed and even downtown still getting hammered.  I look out my window here... no snow no wind clear visibility and I can see those blue skies through the scattered clouds...

Measured another 2.3” so up to a 8.7” storm total but still this bites!

Blizzard conditions 100% verified!!!  Just had a pretty crazy experience...Left for the the Galleria mall at 1 PM after heard they were closing at 2 PM (long story why I would drive down there in this weather, but it involves a daughter studying abroad and needing Euro's ASAP...).  Conditions weren't too bad at home, snowing pretty good but we're sheltered from the wind.  The 90 from 290 down to Walden was passable, times of reduced visibility down to 100 feet but manageable.  But Walden Ave itself not so much.  Basically 0 visibility, cars crawling and trying not to run into each other.  Somehow managed to turn onto the mall road, which was a mistake.  No visibility whatsoever, and no idea where to turn into main parking areas.  Hoped for the best that no vehicles were coming and managed to turn around.  Then it took 10 minutes to find an exit back onto Walden.  Navigated around a jackknifed tractor trailer and another car off the road to get back on the 90, then mostly smooth sailing home.  

As much as we love this weather, it's actually quite scary to be in the middle of a full-fledged blizzard.  Not a great feeling to be surrounded by nothing but white with no idea which direction to turn.  That said....truly EPIC conditions in the BUF!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Yeah dude this garbage!  Watching the video from Hamburg/OP getting crushed and even downtown still getting hammered.  I look out my window here... no snow no wind clear visibility and I can see those blue skies through the scattered clouds...

Measured another 2.3” so up to a 8.7” storm total but still this bites!

Man I swear whatever snow you get I get. Just measured and cleared off my board and I'm up to 8.7" as well.

This snow hole definitely blows. I'd be more than happy with a storm total of 12" now.

Pretty nice forecast 4 miles SSW of sandy creek..

This Afternoon
Snow before 4pm, then snow showers likely after 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 8. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Tonight
A chance of snow showers before 7pm, then snow after 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow between 7pm and 3am. Low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -25. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow after 10am. High near 7. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 19 to 25 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow before 8pm. Low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Friday
Snow showers, mainly before 1pm. High near 12. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
  • Like 2

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Travel bans all over and state of emergency for Erie county. Can confirm 0 visibility out there. 

EC really going after this one.  The plow company that clears our plaza lot was just recalled by the county and had to send all drivers and equipment to EC Diaster Command for road plowing assignments across the county... 

This is just unreal that nothing is going on here.  Not even any wind.  Like being in the eye of a hurricane...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

I updated this Piece of Garbage Map. I added that little 0” strip cause snow doesn’t fall there...
6f58ba9940b9e3e1aaeddf1e28a49da6.jpg

Does anyone know why this happens? Seriously. I would love to know why this always happens here. It’s not like we’re way below everyone else in elevation so it can’t be downsloping. Im very curious as to why this is the screw zone on nearly every event. 

EC really going after this one.  The plow company that clears our plaza lot was just recalled by the county and had to send all drivers and equipment to EC Diaster Command for road plowing assignments across the county... 

This is just unreal that nothing is going on here.  Not even any wind.  Like being in the eye of a hurricane...

My storm total is barely more then you guys it happens..? It’s a whiteout here because of winds but snow has let up. 

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Travel bans all over and state of emergency for Erie county. Can confirm 0 visibility out there. 

The northern band still dropping up to an inch an hour...took a drive to Sheridan and the corner of my street and snow plowings are 4 to 5 feet tall 2 1/2 feet on the ground and 23" for the storm. 

I’m just really surprised about the winds!  I thought being between those two bands we would have some big winds but it’s nearly dead clam... 

It literally is like a beautiful day here. No snow falling. Partly sunny skies. Almost no wind. It’s surreal to know there’s a State of Emergency and driving band everywhere around us. 

WOW BUF just issued a PDS Statement...

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
212 PM EST WED JAN 30 2019

NYZ010>012-019-085-302115-
Chautauqua-Southern Erie-Wyoming-Genesee-Northern Erie-
212 PM EST WED JAN 30 2019

...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT WYOMING...ERIE...NORTHERN
CHAUTAUQUA AND GENESEE COUNTIES...

At 212 PM EST, Two bands of lake effect snow are producing snow fall
rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour along with visibilities near zero.
Temperatures are below zero with wind chills near -25 degrees below
zero.

...THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION...

Blinding snow and whiteout conditions are occurring. A casual drive
or trip outside can quickly lead to a life threatening situation
without proper winter gear. Please heed all travel bans.

Two separate bands are occuring east of Lake Erie. One is over
Buffalo and the Thruway east past Batavia. A second and stronger
band extends from the PA line, across the Boston Hills, the
Southtowns, and into far northwest Wyoming County. These bands are
converging over Genesee County and are producing whiteout conditions
there as well. These bands will move very little throughout much of
the afternoon. Meanwhile, temperatures will continue to drop further
below zero while wind gusts exceed 35 mph at times, producing
blizzard conditions at times and dangerous wind chills.

Locations impacted include...
Buffalo, Cheektowaga, West Seneca, Lackawanna, Amherst, Dunkirk,
Hamburg, Evans, Eden, Orchard Park, Silver Creek, Blasdell, Angola,
Derby, Angola on the Lake, and North Boston.