• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, AppsRunner said:

Yeah, I'd think so. There still seems to be a bit of shear, especially above 800mb this morning/afternoon that may hinder development more than I originally thought, but I would venture that the band sits over Watertown several hours each day, so it won't be 24" in one shot but over the course of this afternoon/tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night. 

I also still think the models have a bit of a south bias overall with their QPF placement, which seems to always be a common theme. I have a few friends @Phillifan22 + a couple others headed out to Adams or so by tonight, and I've been disagreeing a bit on where their best shot is to set up. 

Truth...the models ALWAYS underwhelm when it comes to true band placement. All morning yesterday and even the evening before NONE of the meso-models had the band anywhere near the Northtowns let alone Niagara county...yet here we are more than 24 hours later and I am still under 1/2" to 1" hour rates. You would think local Mets would have the recognition bit they seem to become 10 second Tom...

• Haha 1

Might have an answer to the low-beam angle snow hole S/SW of the BUF radar. Plotted the elevation changes from the WSR-88D through the areas with the "hole" in the radar. You can see there's a bit of a hill JUST S/SW of the radar location, which could be the cause. Just a theory!

1183206963_RadarElevationBuff.thumb.JPG.a22c27bf87b157ff0a63e1021a566ddd.JPG

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Same here, can barely see across the street. Flakes are larger than I thought, adding up extremely quickly. 

They're extremely efficient at accumulating...not the pixie dust I was anticipating. Winds are picking here gusting at times to 20 mph. BW is it also true Frontier decided against closing??? I do not see them anywhere on the list of closings...if they didn't that is a decision that will be highly questioned

• Like 1

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND INCREASING WINDS IN BUFFALO AND AREAS JUST
SOUTH LATE THIS MORNING...

Late this morning, a plume of lake effect snow producing snowfall
rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour will be across the city of Buffalo
and areas just south, including Hamburg, West Seneca, and East
Aurora. The band will also expand further away from the lake, into
western portions of Wyoming and Genesee counties. In addition to the
snow, winds will increase late this morning and early afternoon,
with gusts to 35 mph resulting in areas of blowing snow. The band is
expected to remain nearly stationary through early afternoon.
Roadways will be snow covered, with untreated roads being very
difficult if not impossible to travel upon.

We may actually see a few flakes from that death band to my North, lol, as I'm tracking one last AF due to arrive tomorrow evening into Friday where we may pick up 2-3" but I definitely don't believe any model that has us getting more than 4" South of say, Central Square, as thats about where the band falls off the Lake

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I got my investment and insurance licenses. Took a new role with the bank. It’s on camp road, next to post office.

Sweet. Better than working out to Tops I guess lol. They got rid of my old Verizon store, only using the one at Quaker Crossing now, noticed when I was home for Christmas. 

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

Sweet. Better than working out to Tops I guess lol. They got rid of my old Verizon store, only using the one at Quaker Crossing now, noticed when I was home for Christmas. 

Yeah it’s so much better even though I was a manager there. I like the hours better and like doing financial advising more then managing. 

• Like 2