Newest Member
    diamondtae

The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

17 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’d have doubled my seasonal snowfall to date by that point so it’s cool 

Pray for a southern shift

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Guys guys...serious question...what could go wrong to prevent us from getting snow?

The CMC.

Just now, HighStakes said:

With all these threats its going to get confusing as to what threat people are referencing.

After the Euro I think we are going to break it out into the weekend threats and then keep longer range here

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ji said:

alot..its warm friday so we are trying to time a a storm with cold air moving in. And then next week could be a 90% ice storm instead of snow

Pretty sure his question was tongue-in-cheek.

He is well aware to the answer to his question:  EVERYTHING.

31 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Just one? Well, if we had to choose 1/3 then I'd much rather it be the big one, then! I'd totally sacrifice the other two for that one if need be...lol I'm gonna lean on 1899/1979 history and go for the big kahuna...(not ignoring the first two, but...ya know)

As long as I don’t have to see @Bob Chill sacrificing bunny rabbits around the yard in a candy apple red speedo...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

After the Euro I think we are going to break it out into the weekend threats and then keep longer range here

Yes

How’d the last monster hit of the FV3 work out for us? 
It was only there for one run

12 minutes ago, Scraff said:

As long as I don’t have to see @Bob Chill sacrificing bunny rabbits around the yard in a candy apple red speedo...

I'll text you pictures anyway. Just hope it's snowing so you can see me shirtless in a speedo holding a cute bunny instead of no snow and me still shirtless but wearing jeans overalls by a tree stump holding a machete. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, frd said:

Must be over 21 to view this :  

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_nj_65.png

cant be right?  move that big snow hole over NY to DC and the little one in Delaware Bay to PWC.  maybe next run will be more accurate

• Like 1

Today, next week, this winter or forever?
Were running out of time...put it that way

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'll text you pictures anyway. Just hope it's snowing so you can see me shirtless in a speedo holding a cute bunny instead of no snow and me still shirtless but wearing jeans overalls by a tree stump holding a machete. 

Just watch out for those vicious, cute bunnies!!

Image result for monty python holy grail rabbit

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ji said:
3 minutes ago, Grothar of Herndon said:
Today, next week, this winter or forever?

Were running out of time...put it that way

So you're "out" on the threats over the next 10 days because of HM?

• Haha 1

So you're "out" on the threats over the next 10 days because of HM?
Not out but there is a reason the storm will be a snow to ice to rain mix

GEFS is all over the place with the weekend but really hits on the bigger event. Best d10 GEFS weenie run I've ever seen. I have no faith or trust in the GEFS so my excitement level is tempered. 

• Like 6

Just now, PCT_ATC said:

who was it that said we dont get mecs hecs in the latter half of February.  DT? lol

we didn't get one yet.  I have learned never to count your money when your sitting at the table. we have all seen things turn on a dime at much closer leads so no one should be crying or celebrating as of now.  just my 2 cents

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

GEFS is all over the place with the weekend but really hits on the bigger event. Best d10 GEFS weenie run I've ever seen. I have no faith or trust in the GEFS so my excitement level is tempered. 

But HM and DT said we're basically out of time so we should all just move on to Spring LOL

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

But HM and DT said we're basically out of time so we should all just move on to Spring LOL

I'm kinda surprised they have been hesitant. It almost makes me second guess my bullish stance on the rest of the season but I guess I just don't see the same risks. It may be hard to get a clean/big snowstorm over the next 1-2 weeks but man, I think our chances look about as good as you can ever ask in any winter except the holy grail mod nino/blocking. 

I felt very confident in getting additional snowfall when Feb started and I've only gotten more confident. Weather works like the stock market sometimes. When it's all hyped up it fails but when there's fear and blood in the streets it rocks. 

• Like 2

HM didnt say we are out of time but if we have no nao nest week...we are heading into March pretty much still waiting

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

And a Hockey mask!