Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Going to be a lot of tracking starting this week lol

Wonder if temps cooperate whether we could get a 10 day window where we get snow on snow .

And, I dont care about sun angle and all that. LOL   It can happen if it is cold enough and the snow depth thick enough.  

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

12z GFS making me not miss what’s happening today in northern MD. Lots of possibilities on the horizon for almost everyone. Fingers crossed that this is actually the real deal pattern that we’ve been waiting for. No more Charlie Brown’s please. Lol. 

Just be patient. Ops are showing a lot of moving parts in a fairly tight timeframe and that = lots of uncertainty. The bottom line is we really have no idea which (if any) shortwave turns into something. Could be one of those times where we're tracking a phantom that all of a sudden vaporizes but something that nobody was paying attention to turns into a storm in the mid or even short range. Need to survive most of this week without a major setback in the upper levels. Looks good right now but I'm expecting plenty of WTF posts here shortly. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just be patient. Ops are showing a lot of moving parts in a fairly tight timeframe and that = lots of uncertainty. The bottom line is we really have no idea which (if any) shortwave turns into something. Could be one of those times where we're tracking a phantom that all of a sudden vaporizes but something that nobody was paying attention to turns into a storm in the mid or even short range. Need to survive most of this week without a major setback in the upper levels. Looks good right now but I'm expecting plenty of WTF posts here shortly. lol

Oh I hear ya. As soon as Dr No comes along, this place will go back to hell in hand basket mode. Lol. 

Eta: And my horses are being held too. 

10 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

That is a parade of storms! Wow! If we get the blocking these are going to be forced under. Next weekend into the following week could be an epic way to end winter! May delay my departure - I am OK with this honestly as long as I am not at the airport discovering this! =)

Don’t you mean an epic way to start winter? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Some nice hits for next Tues/Weds on GEFS.   Some rainers in the mix but a bunch of good storms.  

It's about 50/50 for something working out or just more of the same with west tracks inside of day 10. Not a lot of support for what the op showed d5 or so. My best guess is things won't get right until after next weekend at the earliest. It's a good GEFS run though. We're going to have to pass time as best as possible over the next week and not freak out over any op run. 

GEFS shifts back to too much trough in the west and too much ridge in the east d10-12 or so and then flip back to pretty good. Looks like a roller coaster for now. I'm leaning towards things getting half decent by d8-10 and staying that way but that's just a guess and can easily break the other way.