Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

2 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

February 29th 2025

I dont want to come off as mean spirited, and know he ads value...when he wants to, but we ALL have to abide by normal forum decorum, and there should be no sacred cows here.  If anyone else did it, they wouldn't last more than a couple days...... (snowtorm9561 or whatever his name was for example - and i dont care what forum he belongs in).

Its fine to have fun, it makes it bearable during tough times, but relentless bump trolling every 6 hours makes a winter that is challenging....just tough to follow in here. 

Not every poster in here expects every digital snowflake that is modeled to stack up in their yard.  If you do, step away once in a while for sanity's sake.  Rant over, and for the JI followers...sorry.  

Ok, back to trackin.  Is it gonna snow?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

February 29th 2024.  Serious question though, we have a feb 29 coming up in 2020.  Have we ever had snow on Feb 29?

Don't know about Feb. 29 itself, but I do recall a couple of beginning of March events on either the 1st or 2nd there about, recently (2009, 2014 come to mind, neither of which was a leap year).

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

EURO is big and wintry for the Tues/Weds deal. Thump to ice situation.

There's a path to an even colder/better solution as well. It's so damn far away that parsing is meaningless but we're far from punting or spiking anything. Still very much in the game. Big ice is back on the table verbatim

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

There's a path to an even colder/better solution as well. It's so damn far away that parsing is meaningless but we're far from punting or spiking anything. Still very much in the game. Big ice is back on the table verbatim

Yeah, I like the look.  And it starts at night.  I'm cool with a thump and snow too and just like you said, I can see a path to more snow in the equation.  

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

That's devastating down where people with no teeth live

lol- that's not very nice... but funny AF

Big ice rarely pans out but we're kinda due for one at some point. .5 - 1" of ice seems highly unlikely but if we get a solid coating of ice on top of a few inches of snow it will be a great event. I'm jonesing for a good glacier. 2007 was the last really good one unless I'm forgetting something

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro bringing the front end thump next week... you could see it coming well in advance. Nice trend. 

It's pretty much all thump... 850's hanging on then lift as soon as best precip is gone...its a classic 6-8 hour thump to drizzle/freezing drizzle type thing.   Bullzeyes DC this run with that feature, I get fringed by both lol 

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Ummmm its not really that much ice... at least not in the DC area.  By the time the mid levels warm the heavy precip is moving out.  

I thought I was looking at the wrong euro until you chimed in ty. Resembles yesterday's storm imo. Has some CAD but also appears to have alot less cold to work with this time and each run has shown less and less cold down to the surface. As you said gets scoured out verbatim before heavy rains move in. As far as a thump even up here I am above 0 at 850 almost right after precip moves in.