SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

4 minutes ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, yoda said:
ICON gets rid of the high too quickly... snow at 108 turns to wintry mix by 114

The start of a terrible suite coming up?

No.  Unless you wanted snow. Then yes. Seriously the way this winter has gone with model runs and last minute rug pulling you didn’t think the 0z suite would hold or improve did you?  All your rules still apply.  

No.  Unless you wanted snow. Then yes. Seriously the way this winter has gone with model runs and last minute rug pulling you didn’t think the 0z suite would hold or improve did you?  All your rules still apply.  
No...I wanted rain so I'm fine
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

No...I wanted rain so I'm fine

Good then all is well.  Icon is way worse than 18z.  Not debbing jiust observation.  

1 minute ago, Ji said:
2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:
Good then all is well.  Icon is way worse than 18z.  Not debbing jiust observation.  

Yes it's a terrible run. Snow starts too late...ends too early. Hopefully it's not sniffing out a new trend

That's called bad trend paranoia...can't let the fear take over the logic of the fact that it's just one run!

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Yes it's a terrible run. Snow starts too late...ends too early. Hopefully it's not sniffing out a new trend

The trend is already there on the Icon.  Click back to 0z 15 Feb to now.  Watch the 546dm line.  Ignore the pretty dark blue colors.  Watch that line migrate NE.  It is what it is.  

Just now, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:
That's called bad trend paranoia...can't let the fear take over the logic of the fact that it's just one run!

The whole setup is pecaroius. Deep western trough and massive se ridge dosent make me comfortable for this event

How many of our setups AREN'T precarious in one way or another? Lol

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Your paranoia over the north trend for tomorrow’s storm was certainly the right call.  

You’re right.  The 546 line still migrated NE on the Icon for 4 runs.  My paranoia about Saturday doesn’t change that.  Just an observation.  

6 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You’re right.  The 546 line still migrated NE on the Icon for 4 runs.  My paranoia about Saturday doesn’t change that.  Just an observation.  

Yeah but notice that the HP is basically in the same spot across runs - it's just a weaker HP each time. Shows how much this is going to depend on getting strong enough HP to hold on and could still easily go either way.

Edit: GFS comes in with 1039 HP vs 1032 on the ICON