Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

That third wave though...moisture bomb in the making..several runs in a row.  Now what form it takes.....

It takes the beatdown in our yard form before temp problems. Weenie runs are hitting on the regular. Wonder how we fail on everything. I mean I know we can do it. Just not sure the most efficient way yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

That third wave though...moisture bomb in the making..several runs in a row.  Now what form it takes.....

And that's the interesting thing here...regardless of snow or mix solutions, that moisture bomb has been showing up on both the Euro and Gfs pretty consistently the last couple days!

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It takes the beatdown in our yard form before temp problems. Weenie runs are hitting on the regular. Wonder how we fail on everything. I mean I know we can do it. Just not sure the most efficient way yet. 

We will.  No way we get a triple shot with no problems.   It's fun to look at tho.     I think we score with one though.

Just now, frd said:

The flow in the NW Atlantic, the boundary and the indices at that time dictate that might be a big one. 

I can see how this could evolve....Either a more consolidated system or maybe another long duration event.  I mean look at this weekend.  Even if we fail Sat/Sun the changes over the past 48 hours at h5 are nothing short of dramatic.

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

We will.  No way we get a triple shot with no problems.   It's fun to look at tho.     I think we score with one though.

That's the biggest takeaway. Unless these are all phantoms (doubt the first one is), we should have at least one break our way. 3 for 3 would cause massive disrobing but that's not how we roll around here. I'll forecast shirtless for now with maybe a side order of candy apple red speedos. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Just now, stormtracker said:

Just one? Well, if we had to choose 1/3 then I'd much rather it be the big one, then! I'd totally sacrifice the other two for that one if need be...lol I'm gonna lean on 1899/1979 history and go for the big kahuna...(not ignoring the first two, but...ya know)

19 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

@Bob Chill...Yeah, the 2nd low on Sunday is weaker and as you say we have CAD in place behind the previous system (closely spaced).  Also, check the 10m winds, they are easterly to slightly north of east as that low treks by, and then reforms off the coast.  They never go southeast or southerly.  And they are pretty light.

In simplest terms i think the tight spacing doesnt allow enough time to wreck the mid levels.  No room to wind up.  

and another following on its heels.  Man, lotsa action coming at us.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Guys guys...serious question...what could go wrong to prevent us from getting snow?

alot..its warm friday so we are trying to time a a storm with cold air moving in. And then next week could be a 90% ice storm instead of snow

1 minute ago, Ji said:

alot..its warm friday so we are trying to time a a storm with cold air moving in. And then next week could be a 90% ice storm instead of snow

Saturday-Sunday double whammy thing is a recipe for jackpotville revenge on losing to DCA earlier.