Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

A nice light to moderate hit on the GFS through 105

compared to what I thought Saturday would be a few days ago this is better situation.  I think we can expect some accumulation from perhaps 2-4 might be possible looking at that progression.  fast mover east to west so not much slow it down. 

• Like 1

For folks wondering why the second wave is still snow with a nw track of the primary, it's a good insitu CAD setup because of tight spacing. The trailing wave isn't very strong and doesn't have beefy midlevel circulation so the antecedent airmass survives. My guess is if there's 2 close spaced waves they are more likely to take similar tracks. Especially if the gfs is too weak with the first one. Beef that up a little and the boundary sags more. Interesting times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Bob Chill...Yeah, the 2nd low on Sunday is weaker and as you say we have CAD in place behind the previous system (closely spaced).  Also, check the 10m winds, they are easterly to slightly north of east as that low treks by, and then reforms off the coast.  They never go southeast or southerly.  And they are pretty light.

• Thanks 1