Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Whoa my...lots of pieces jumping around here for the weekend! Good luck figuring out the final solution...lol

Don’t like where this run is headed.  Nothing on the weekend.  Follow up looks like dog crap.  Familiar territory but unpleasant.  Will change for sure 

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Don’t like where this run is headed.  Nothing on the weekend.  Follow up looks like dog crap.  Familiar territory but unpleasant.  Will change for sure 

Yeah, not a good look but at the same time guidance did a complete 180 for the weekend at a super short lead today. I'm gonna let things evolve for the next couple days. Probably the best thing to do at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Doesn't have to be unpleasant if ya scroll through the previous cycles and look at the wild array of solutions! I feel like one of the mental challenges of this is hobby is not letting a bad run in long range get ya down...I think bad runs always fuel worse-case scenario fears, lol

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Doesn't have to be unpleasant if ya scroll through the previous cycles and look at the wild array of solutions! I feel like one of the mental challenges of this is hobby is not letting a bad run in long range get ya down...I think bad runs always fuel worse-case scenario fears, lol

Agree.  But man it’s trying sometimes.  If it was December I wouldn’t shed a tear.  But clock is racing.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You have to have a bleeding ulcer with the way you look at op runs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Agree.  But man it’s trying sometimes.  If it was December I wouldn’t shed a tear.  But clock is racing.  

I heat ya...It's like watching your football team being down by two scores with 7 minyes left...and knowing ya gotta make the most of every opportunity, lol And model run volatility just makes being patient even harder! But, steady as she goes...we could be heading into our best position of the winter; buckle up!

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Storm's (2nd one) still on the map.  Good enough for me.  Notable this run is the slower progression. 

Models could be locked and loaded or showing an epic disaster but it doesn't change our odds at taking a nice long ride on the failboat yet. We have that going for us.

• Like 2

Just now, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

I see the mid-level jet overpowering and the whole SE ridge flexing north. 

For Gods sake man!  Speak English.  AL just got 37 inches of snow and I just drank a quart of vodka and had a bowl of chili.  I’m a powder keg holding a lit match.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Pretty agonizing run verbatim but the storm is still there.  Huge hit for the deep south lol.  37” in Tuscaloosa?

2E8E4FDD-273D-4876-90AF-44D5176D899E.png

If we post every snowmap from every model run (particularly for next week), this thread won't last the week! I mean...I don't see the sense in torturing ourselves this way tbh. Way too much goin' on right now!

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I save that for the short range. No sense ending it all if we're still in the game. 

True... but I meant I have saved an actual image of a toaster with the word failure on it.  Believe it came from Forky.  Can't find what happened to the salad shooter of success though