Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

12 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

He will focus on the fact that he used the word MAYBE in his statement

yep.  I unfollowed him some time ago, and while i agree that he is a smart guy....he's also too much of a smart @ss.  This sport is too humbling for anyone to puff their chest, and he can flip/flop/spin w/ the best of em.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

During our January storm, DT said on Twitter that it was ridiculous that anyone was calling for 8-12” in the DC area.  He might have taken down that post, but I was really happy that we proved him wrong. 

In case you (or anybody) hasn't noticed... lol DT lets emotions run wild when he makes definitive calls at long range. Emotional calls have a high bust rate. I melted in early Jan saying the month was cooked and soon after I melted it snowed a foot. If nothing else, long range weather has a good sense of humor... and irony

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Im almost 50 and I've never seen that game before....#sheltered

There must be millions of games under the Coleco platform and black market too. 

We have come far today.   Soon we can live our dreams of blizzards in a animated real life world similiar to the Matrix .  ( no need to track anymore ) 

I can see it now.   Mr Anderson ,  " Neil your PD 5 version 3.0 is ready for your vitural experience in capsule 23.    We have increased the wind speeds to 100 mph for your viewing pleasure.  "  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

In case you (or anybody) hasn't noticed... lol DT lets emotions run wild when he makes definitive calls at long range. Emotional calls have a high bust rate. I melted in early Jan saying the month was cooked and soon after I melted it snowed a foot. If nothing else, long range weather has a good sense of humor... and irony

But he was actually saying that while we were snowing after the NWS called for 8-12.   The weird thing was that he had originally said 6-10 for Northern VA and then he dropped his totals later. I just thought it was amusing. 

I wonder how long he will be able to ignore the Euro about next week. After he called off winter. 

I am loving the mid range look on the mid day GFS. Real legit chances inside of 10 days. I will say the models did well with the pattern over the past 2 weeks. Timed the torch and yesterdays event very well. Yes they jumped around on specific LP placement. But the overall pattern verified very well. I too am feeling very confident about the late Feb early March period. And most of us only need a decent event to meet or exceed climo this year. 

As far as DT goes. Yes he is an emotional wreck. But the guy knows winter patterns and storms.I will not fault a man for being able to make a living off of doing what he loves. And doing it on his own terms. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am loving the mid range look on the mid day GFS. Real legit chances inside of 10 days. I will say the models did well with the pattern over the past 2 weeks. Timed the torch and yesterdays event very well. Yes they jumped around on specific LP placement. But the overall pattern verified very well. I too am feeling very confident about the late Feb early March period. And most of us only need a decent event to meet or exceed climo this year. 

I will add this about the GFS and this is a bit out there but it really holds true at times. The GFS is good at times in the very long range if you simply desire a window of when there might be a sudden temp reversal or a large storm. 

I know over the past 6 years it has provided me about 15 days or more notice to storms within just sa few days.  I used this info to plan trips and even to surf at the beach based on the looks of a frontal passage and off shore winds.  In this role the long range GFS is useless at times.   

2 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

At this point you have to be thinking that it isn't close to a final outcome...especially when comparing every run up until now. This solution just came out of nowhere on the op gfs. 

Something on it's tail near Northern Oklahoma. Might get interesting here in later frames.   

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

As far as DT goes. Yes he is an emotional wreck. But the guy knows winter patterns and storms.I will not fault a man for being able to make a living off of doing what he loves. And doing it on his own terms. 

I actually like DT more than most. Us eagles fans have to stick together. But right now he is full tilt off the rails and someone needs to give him a hard time to shock him back to reality. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I actually like DT more than most. Us eagles fans have to stick together. But right now he is full tilt off the rails and someone needs to give him a hard time to shock him back to reality. 

I do too, but sometimes he is just so convinced that he is right and others are completely wrong- that really becomes annoying. I followed him all the time before I found this forum.  I still like to learn from his videos and I typically read his posts.  

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

As a met, he is not too bad in long-range pattern recognition. As a person, he is a complete ass. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, frd said:

Something on it's tail near Northern Oklahoma. Might get interesting here in later frames.   

You arent kidding.  Next Tuesday looks great for the MA.  Sure hope that w/ the new base state, that we can believe it.  Lets hope for some continuity in the next few days.  

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

You arent kidding.  Next Tuesday looks great for the MA

And we are not even onto the better window.  But at this time it appears the NAO is neutral or starting to decline and the AO is dropping . So the terrible indices we had are improving .