Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Mystical Month of February--Long Range Discussion

Ji

28 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

I think mid Atlantic is done with it’s snow this year. I think New Jersey and up to Boston gets hit hard soon

Nah NYC to BOS probably shutout remainder of winter but I bet the Mid Atl and Philly burbs continue to see snow. Atmospheric memory and all. Better hope the EPS are wrong for your sake bud cause if that SE ridge vanishes wont expect to hear from ya again til next year.

1 minute ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

I hope we all get it but from my models understanding snow gets as south as cape may

Thanks for the visit, but you should probably stay in your own playground for now! The guys here extensively look at models. You may be right, but saying your modelology makes you understand what will happen down here is not nearly as elaborate as what you read here. Now you should go back to your playground and let us concentrate on ours! Good luck!

38 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

I think mid Atlantic is done with it’s snow this year. I think New Jersey and up to Boston gets hit hard soon

LOL nice wishcast, buddy.

I’m sure it sucked for you to have bare ground during this bitter cold snap while we spent last week in a winter wonderland.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

you may think what you like, but with out a convincing argument, you will have a hard time getting the rest of us on your bandwagon

EURO has a nice wedge with heavy snow in the NW burbs, but very close to the cities at 192 hours. Not sure before that. 
This is the same event that the FV3 & GFS have...The GFS is warmer while the FV3 is colder (though who could have guessed that).
I would forecast mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and rain

22 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

This day 8-9 event has some legs. It doesnt look like it will be a clean event with no 50/50 to keep the low south, however there is good antecedent cold and HP in a great spot. Could certainly see a thump to drizzle type event in the cards if everything works right for us. 

So does a 3 legged horse.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, peribonca said:

GFS looks like it's getting on the bandwagon. Two events lining up at least in next ten days

Just don't look at the fv3 for event #1. Same progression as gfs/euro except one notable difference... it forgot to include precip in our area.

Eta: event 2 is money though so the most logical thing to do is hug the dumb older brother for event #1 and hug the smart new kid on the block for event #2. Would be our 3rd snow on snow event of the winter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

What did it just kinda break it apart when it got to our area?

Weak shortwave. There's no value in picking apart any details. The only thing we should watch is the depth of the cold push and how fast (or slow) high pressure to the north escapes. Discrete shortwaves won't be resolved for quite awhile.