• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS only thread winter event Jan 29-30, 2019

wdrag

Good Monday morning,  Hopefully this thread will be useful for the cold frontal passage (wave) snowfall expected Tuesday and Tues night. Most of the snow accumulation should occur 5PM-Midnight when strongest vertical velocity occurs in a snow sounding. I dropped the remainder at 815A. Keeping it simple.  Thanks for all the obs already.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Re: your statement about I84. East of the river 84 jumps up in altitude very quickly. Where it crosses the Taconic spine it's just about 1k feet and the surrounding area is all over 1k. We have a great microclimate here and tend to do pretty well with snowfall and snowpack retention. If you haven't spent much time here you should come do some exploring. 

• Thanks 1

Hi! I played the basic strength of the models-frozen ground etc...wasnt super aware of 1000 e of the river but knew it was up there having driven I84 many many times BOS to NJ.  Fingers crossed and hope you can grab 4" Tuesday afternoon-evening.  Appreciate your comments as do others.  Thanks. Walt

• Thanks 1

Good Tuesday morning,  No change to the initial post yesterday.  If anything snow begins very soon (prior to 9 or 10A with an inch or two here in nw NJ/ne PA by 2P). I probably wont be able to report between 845A and 215P but have at it, as the snow measurements dictate.  Thanks. 646A/29

• Like 1

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic