• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29, 2019 Snow Event and January 30th Snow Squall Discussion and Obs

ChescoWx

Getting towards the back end of the squall line here 15 miles east of Harrisburg.  Snow started an hour ago and still have light to moderate snow.  Temp dropped from 28 when snow started to 20 right now.  Just eyeballing the snow amount probably about an inch, but hard to tell as winds are rather fierce and snow already on the ground from yesterday.  Quarter mile visiblities at worst with varied intensities through the hour. 

Hope you folks that missed out yesterday get something from this.

1 minute ago, penndotguy said:

I apologize its here Lol, the radar I was looking at had no returns at all 

I've had stormy-looking clouds rolling in here for the past 15 minutes although it's still not that close to being here (but is apparently moving pretty quickly now).  Temp just hit freezing so it is warming it up in advance!

I had light snow for about 10 minutes and I thought "Another bust", but then BOOM heavy blinding snow out of nowhere. I measured a legit 1 inch of snow on my cleared off porch. The rates were insane!!! It was well worth the wait. I don't like the looks of the US-222 accident, though. Very unfortunate.

• Like 1

Just now, Newman said:

I had light snow for about 10 minutes and I thought "Another bust", but then BOOM heavy blinding snow out of nowhere. I measured a legit 1 inch of snow on my cleared off porch. The rates were insane!!! It was well worth the wait. I don't like the looks of the US-222 accident, though. Very unfortunate.

I notified all my Facebook friends in the area to either stay off the roads or get off them once the squall comes through.  No reason to risk your life when it will pass in 30  ins

1 minute ago, Newman said:

Right around the corner from me, I heard the sirens going like crazy then turned the scanner on it doesn't sound good