Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion

Hoosier

26 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Today's snow ended up being a non-event.  Picked up 0.2".  What u might call a classic dog turd duster lol.

Must've stolen some of your luck. Somewhere around 3.5" or so here. DMX had 4.5" at their office. Really nice dendrites this morning during the good rates this morning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

1-2" predicted here and we're approaching an inch. Like Jack said, too bad it's not going to stick around.

Yeah, it's been the story this winter.  This winter has been bass ackwards.  Normally we get warmth, rain, sleet/freezing rain, snow, then cold with these systems.  This year it's been cold, snow, sleet/freezing rain, rain then torch.  Bass ackwards winter I tell ya but I'll take it over last year lol.  

And on that theme finishing up here with about 3 and some vary light freezing drizzle.:weenie:

• Like 1

New member, but a few people here know me from wxtwitter and just friends in real life. Live in the Detroit area and go to college at CMU. I’ve had this account for a while but have never posted. Once was a met major, but switched for personal reasons. Still heavily follow the weather and do a lot of storm chasing. 

That band over the I-696 corridor in SEMI means business. Picked up 2.1” of fluff in one hour so far in Berkley. Nice overachiever already. 

93E4ADB5-FA01-41F0-971E-54D92DC88A96.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Localized band of 2 to 3" in Detroit's immediate northern suburbs with that band. Only picked up 0.6" of sugar both here and at DTW. Outside of the band with its intense rates and fluff it was pure sifter sugar snow with lower ratios.  At least the ground is now white again and my one remaining dirty snow pile as freshly covered lol. Yet models had higher QPF in the Southern suburbs. This is somewhat like the event a couple weeks ago where I got almost 4" due to a heavy band, only this time I was not in the band lol. Heading to the UP today, tons of snow!