Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 2019 General Discussion and Observation Thread

Stormlover74

18 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

No we haven't. Not with a negative epo pattern.

It would hold more credibility if you hadn’t been calling for snowstorms for the past 3 months, literally since late November you’ve been saying the same thing. 11/15/18 - today, New York City has recorded just over an inch of snow, total

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Yeah, agreed.  And will a -PNA the ridge will be there.  Need any storm to be weak-a deepener will cut N and W with no altantic blocking

Forget even the -PNA, there is no -NAO block AGAIN, none. How many times are the same people going to fall for this and hype this winter?? Same song and dance for months now

14 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It would hold more credibility if you hadn’t been calling for snowstorms for the past 3 months, literally since late November you’ve been saying the same thing. 11/15/18 - today, New York City has recorded just over an inch of snow, total

it really is getting old and annoying too......

• Like 2

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

JB posted this earlier but 2/11 really does look exactly like 2/8/94.  If we can get any semblance of a shortwave there that could be a big overrunning snow and it has virtually zero room to trend north and rain on us too.  

I would tend to agree with that-if we could get a wave train or overrunning event we'd be good-a storm that deepens/amped will just cut over or west of us

41 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Forget even the -PNA, there is no -NAO block AGAIN, none. How many times are the same people going to fall for this and hype this winter?? Same song and dance for months now

For the hundredth time , you don't need a negative nao for snow. Plenty of people told you that and you still are insisting that.

50 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Plenty of people busted the last 2 months . Your calls aren't the best either.

17 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Would be great to continue this weather until April.  Avoid those nasty 35/40 degree days with rain, for this

Really? That wouldn't make you the least bit concerned? Besides, in this region, you are never going to have nice weather for too many days in a row, I don't care how warm, hot, or cold it is. As a lifelong angler who is at the mercy of the weather gods, I can assure you of that. At the very least it will be crappy on any day you have available to do something. 

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Really? That wouldn't make you the least bit concerned? Besides, in this region, you are never going to have nice weather for too many days in a row, I don't care how warm, hot, or cold it is. As a lifelong angler who is at the mercy of the weather gods, I can assure you of that. At the very least it will be crappy on any day you have available to do something. 

Worried?   Not at all.  We have had many springs recently that failed to deliver spring like weather, last year being a perfect example.  Remember, we started early this year with the November snow.   

I’m a big believer in the law of averages.   We are due a winter with minimal snow, the last few years have been brutal.  Wouldn’t mind a long spring   

• Like 1