• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
WxUSAF

January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

Did anyone else have the issue of measuring following the band near the end? Silver dollar flakes for sure. Great event for it's total, wish the peeps in urban hell could've gotten a bit more love. 

30 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

My family says 1.75” in NW Arlington. Made them check the car and grass. Can anyone else confirm? Seems high, but usually they measure low.

f9ecdfe60f1307342e2cbe821f4223e5.jpg

measuring on grass inflates totals.

30 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

I didn't measure, but I drove up to Minor's Hill near the Williamsburg Shopping Center and it was a winter wonderland, sidewalks and side streets totally covered while around Cherrydale they were just wet. That's the highest point in Arlington (460 ft). If you live around there 1.5 or 1.75 seems reasonable. Very elevation dependent storm as others have said.

I live over in Westover and I certainly don’t have an inch.  Maybe .75 on the railings.

measuring on grass inflates totals.

Oh, for sure. That’s why I also mentioned they measured on the car. Sidewalks/roads or a board would be ideal, but the former wouldn’t work well for this event and we don’t have the latter set up!

Might end up going 1.5”. 1.75” still seems a wee bit high.

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

I live over in Westover and I certainly don’t have an inch.  Maybe .75 on the railings.

In the lowlands of South Arlington, I have 0.3".  Most of it melted by now.  

20 minutes ago, Swiscaster said:

Wow!  Are you in Centreville or further north?

Northeast of Centreville, not far from Reston.  The official zip code is Oakton but near the Herndon line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

In the lowlands of South Arlington, I have 0.3".  Most of it melted by now.  

0.15" of rain here! woohoo.

34 with some wet snow now but not much left to come through. I might start rooting for futility lol.

35 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Howdy neighbor. That’s my neighborhood, thanks for the confirmation.

My neighborhood too.  We usually do better than the rest of the county.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Identical but considering we probably live less than 5 miles from each other we should be the same. Lol. One thing that is undeniably positive about this winter is the few events we've had have met or exceeded expectation. That counts cuz the MA is usually the land of disappointment 

Yeah , i probably lost half inch or so from melting when it first started. But like you said, another ‘event” we could actually measure.

Jan has been a win in my book. Now we just need to close strong in Feb.  I still have a feeling were getting another warning event. And maybe just maybe we get a big boy if the advertised  -NAO. verifies.

31 minutes ago, das said:

2.4” was the total for me here in Clarksburg. 

I also measured 2.4" to 2.5" on my board.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

34 with some wet snow now but not much left to come through. I might start rooting for futility lol.

You're the new DC snowhole.  Just wait until the KU pattern comes though...

13 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I live by Minor’s Hill/Williamsburg in Arlington and have a little over an inch.  Maybe 1.25” but don’t have a more precise number.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

You're the new DC snowhole.  Just wait until the KU pattern comes though...

I know :(

The last few runs of NAMs nailed it for east of I-95. Zippo. The FV3 on the other hand..:yikes:

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Beat you in Easton! Got 0.24" of the wet stuff

I ended up with around 1.5". 

Like I said earlier, the band with the fat flakes made this event worth it. Too bad we had to start out with rain, or it could've been more. 

Took a pretty slushy jebwalk. 

1 minute ago, Mdecoy said:

Nothing but rain here in Delaware.  Maybe a couple flakes in. I wasn't expecting much, but I wasn't expecting a complete fail.

Go against the weenie mantra. Never hug the snowiest model. Always hug the crappiest. NAM wins this one.

• Like 1

0.5" as of 7:05pm looks to be my storm total for SSW Franconia/Kingstowne, as snow has stopped.  The last band was pretty but I don't think the rates kept up with melting, and unlike the earlier band the roads never cared.  

• Like 1

I live by Minor’s Hill/Williamsburg in Arlington and have a little over an inch.  Maybe 1.25” but don’t have a more precise number.  

Hmmm... probably gonna go 1.5” then.

All us N Arlington people should have a meet-up in the summer. Lively company and Backyard BBQ!
  • Like 1

0.5" here. Disappointing event in its progression but I did get to take a drive and observe some cool elevation microclimates. Also it snowed heavily for like 20 minutes. thank u next, on to friday.