• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

1 minute ago, adelphi_sky said:

And just like summer, it will be a miss! My goodness wasted 45 minutes watching radar loops just to get fringed by a line clearly aiming for the district. I'll probably experience a flizzard. 

The winds will still be howling. That's worth an outdoor walk 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snowlvr said:

Incoming!

WUNIDS_map (2).gif

Yup, North Central Baltimore County getting the hammer! Got those yellows! Anyone up there? 

Everyone should remember radar depiction is going to be a little weird because of how low this squall is.

There is an actual outflow boundary being thrown off of this thing.  Nice.

The 2015 event was similarly much, much better in MD than in VA/DC.  It was fun for a couple of minutes here, but we ended up with 0.2" plastered on everything.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Everyone should remember radar depiction is going to be a little weird because of how low this squall is.

Yup.  As I mentioned earlier, it's low topped stuff that appears to fade out in between radar sites.  Someone needs to tell that to Crankwxguy on Twitter.

KGAI just reported SN+

KGAI 301756Z AUTO 32009G25KT 300V020 1/4SM +SN SCT017 BKN041 OVC095 M05/M09 A2989 RMK AO2 PK WND 30033/1746 WSHFT 1737 RAE1657UPB1657E01B34E36SNB36 SLP155 P0000 60000 T10501089 10011 21128 55002 FZRANO

1 minute ago, snjókoma said:

Anybody in Fairfax experiencing anything?

nope.. sitting here in Chantilly...nada.  I don't think this is a DC metro kind of event as it looks now...but the cold everyone will get to enjoy

Snow continues. Light but steady. Looks like after the main line went through there was some minor back building that is keeping the snow going. Been snowing for over an hour now. Usually these events pull out quickly but this is lingering. Probably picked up an inch. Temp is now 18. 

Starting to slowly rip here. This should be fun!

eta: I think Mt Snow (Airy) stole most of my energy. For here, it was just ok. Ah well. I’ll wait outside for our KU now. :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I have GOT to experience lake effect some day.  That's definitely on the bucket list.

+1.  I've experienced it twice this winter in upstate NY a couple of times I've driven instead of flying to VT.  First time(s) for me.  They are remarkable and worth the trip.