• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    scourt
    Newest Member
    scourt

January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

Big fat heavy flakes have transitioned to small but numerous flakes in Gaithersburg.  I'm impressed so far.  Didn't expect to have a nice white coating yet!  I just moved here so I haven't bought a thermometer.  Left my weather station up at my roommate's house in Alabama since I'm in an apartment here.  

Photo Jan 29, 2 32 50 PM.jpg

• Like 1

Back to rain/snow mix here in Tyson’s. Some snow accumulation on grassy areas, but nothing more. 

Those 10 minutes with the fat flakes alone made this even worthwhile. 

That yellow band is on me. Legit moderate to heavy. No stickage yet. Still pretty though. Might have to crack a beer. :lol:

Eta: Straight rippage right now. Grass finally getting some cover. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

down to 37, still seems to be all rain

Should be knocking on your door. Legit SN here although I don’t think we were ever rain in west PWC.  34

Just now, BristowWx said:

Should be knocking on your door. Legit SN here although I don’t think we were ever rain in west PWC.  34

Confirmed that it has been all snow in West PWC.  Started around 1 pm and sidewalks as well as side roads have now caved as of 2:45

Just now, Stormpc said:

Big fatties mixing in and legit flakes. It's on its way!

Must be something to that fall line post earlier.  Second time east county rain and we are snow.  Most often we are on the fail line all things considered.  

• Like 1

Started my drive in Richmond at 48 degrees at 130. Ended in Spotsy with 38 degrees at 230. No snow, but liked seeing the thermometer drop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I think you are right. West of 28 in Prince William. Then through Central Fairfax and north of the DC Beltway in Maryland was mainly all snow. Very typical and traditional set up. That's the most normal thing we have experienced all winter.

• Like 1

Surprised we got this much.  Wet and sloppy.  But nearing on inch on the cars and grass.  Patches of white on hard surfaces here at work on the south end of winchester.

L379wLd.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Stormpc said:

I think you are right. West of 28 in Prince William. Then through Central Fairfax and north of the DC Beltway in Maryland was mainly all snow. Very typical and traditional set up. That's the most normal thing we have experienced all winter.

May be the only right decision I made buying west of 28.  It has paid off handful of times.  Happy accident.  

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Spotter report of 1.8” just NW of Leesburg!

It's Ji with his slanted ruler. 

• Haha 2

Almost all snow here now, flake size has diminished, and it's coming down the hardest it has all day. Starting to see some flakes start to try to stick to my grill cover LOL.

Just now, Woodbridge02 said:

Still mostly rain but some big wet flakes mixing in. 37 

Give it 15 minutes.  Grab a drink and it will be mostly snow.  

• Like 1