• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

Should be an awful walk from Penn Qurter to L'Enfant in the rain at around 3:30. Hopefully there's a little white coating when I get home, but if not...meh. Didn't follow this much, even when the Euro was trying to deliver a few inches just a couple days ago, so I'm not losing something I never loved to begin with.

Fitting would be is the best banding sets up along and east of 95 where temps won’t do much good and places cold enough NW get fringed by the best precip. 

14 minutes ago, yoda said:

I think most of us are as well lol

Many folks will be going down with the ship. Hopeful that Gordon Lightfoot can write a new folk song. “The Wreck of the FV3”. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Fitting would be is the best banding sets up along and east of 95 where temps won’t do much good and places cold enough NW get fringed by the best precip. 

$20 says you'll get deathbanded in an hour.  It's like clockwork up there...almost like you have some kinda of mini-HAARP off Rt. 30.

• Haha 1

HRRR-NAM seems to be doing absolutely terrible not only with Temps up here but with the radar-precip presentation. HRRR run after run has showed 0 precip and 38 degree temps. Its currently 34 with moderate snow right now. 

the column's gotta be pretty cold already.  maybe a thin layer of above 32, but i think we'll be alright if we can get some steady rates.

Just now, 87storms said:

the column's gotta be pretty cold already.  maybe a thin layer of above 32, but i think we'll be alright if we can get some steady rates.

The wet bulb temp is 30° in Gaithersburg according to the wx station at work.  The RWIS site on I-495 at the American Legion bridge has a wet bulb of 31°.

right now it's a mix.  some sizable flakes and some light rain/sleet.  borderline for now, but roads are gonna be slick for sure.