• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

WxUSAF

Kinda disappointing, but no real difference then what happens with a line of storms in the summer. Some get hit hard, some don't. Surprised at the way the line fell apart as it reached me though. You could see the sun through the clouds the entire time. Wind and temperature drop was pretty good, but snow was lackluster. Got only enough to just start to whiten the sidewalks in isolated spots. Just goes to show you how amazing and unusual the 2015 squall was. I could hardly make out the houses across the street from me in that squall. 

Things worked out beautifully. Our normal faculty meeting was delayed a bit, so I got to take a nice Snow Squall Jebwalk. Grabbing a coffee and walking back to school. Sun already looks like it's poking back through. Almost no accumulation but a fun walk. 

4 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Damn this broke apart for me. Really windy but just a lot of pixie dust blowing, no real dendrites. NW folks win again:gun_bandana:

Holy crap. You weren't kidding.  Pixie dust and the sun is trying to come out.

On a different note, every piece of creek ice has been blown into our cove. And I think I just saw a piece of boat wrap fly across that ice...

57 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

That was a real nice squall in Germantown; temp down to 22.  I don't know how you'd measure this -- might be a quarter inch or so.  Based on radar, I'd love to see what it was like around Mt. Airy.

Yeah. I have no idea how much I got. I dont think anyone who went through that squall can know. I am going with .2 in my obs.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic