Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, T. August said:

I’ve been better about taking things in stride, but this one really irked me.

Yeah, I think it was annoying because it did go over to snow for a little bit, around 3pm-4pm ish, so it seemed like it was smooth sailing from there. But then back to rain.

I am a bit sick of the fail.

I got about an inch. It was quite beautiful as it fell. Very peaceful.

IMHO, I'm ok with these small events. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a rabid Nats fan. He was complaining that the Nats are clueless about playing 'small ball' to win games. They are always going for the spectacular home runs. The snow weenies here are like that (me included). We want the HECS every time. But what's wrong with a dozen 1-4" snows? I say Bring Them On!

• Like 4

Just now, J.Mike said:

I got about an inch. It was quite beautiful as it fell. Very peaceful.

IMHO, I'm ok with these small events. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a rabid Nats fan. He was complaining that the Nats are clueless about playing 'small ball' to win games. They are always going for the spectacular home runs. The snow weenies here are like that (me included). We want the HECS every time. But what's wrong with a dozen 1-4" snows? I say Bring Them On!

Yea, the more small events, the better opportunity for school closings/delays!  And I am on the teacher side of the school systems.  LOL!  Love my snow days!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Up in Newark I am at only 6.5. I think the early January storm was a bit better down here in Harford (I work at APG)

I got 3 inches in November and 4.5 inches in early Jan so right now at 7.5  With me a little South of you that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Squall looks like it is about 30 minutes away from me. But it is looking a little ragged on radar. I can see high clouds off to the west over the mountains. Looks more impressive on the models for you guys to the east though.

IIRC, squalls don't have high topped clouds so they don't look terribly impressive far from the radar site. Elkins, WV had an indefinite sky and almost SN+ for a time so it could be interesting out your way, but anyone expecting some kind of snow derecho will obviously be left wanting.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

IIRC, squalls don't have high topped clouds so they don't look terribly impressive far from the radar site. Elkins, WV had an indefinite sky and almost SN+ for a time so it could be interesting out your way, but anyone expecting some kind of snow derecho will obviously be left wanting.

Maybe. But I can definitely see grey clouds to my west. And I am sunny here. Maybe it is just the snow falling.

Interesting morning. Can't remember last time I was in the low/mid 20's with a SW wind howling lol. Currently 24.0/12.4 (the DP has climbed 6 degrees in last hour) with a SW 19/32 wind. WC about 10. Winds really picked up about an hour ago, gusting around 30 after relaxing late last night. Lets see if the line can make it over the mountains....

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic