Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

WxUSAF

Just now, Inthepines said:

Ive lived here for 27 of my 33 years and I can tell you flat out that 5-10 degrees with a 30 mph wind is absolutely frigid for this area. A lot of winters the temp barely makes it under 20.

Save your keystrokes. Since people aren't dying from hypothermia taking out their trash or every single water main explodes it's boring and lame. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Save your keystrokes. Since people aren't dying from hypothermia taking out their trash or every single water main explodes it's boring and lame. 

He really is an awful poster though.  He's one of the few here that make being here unpleasant most of the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

3 to 5 inches across N VA and DC into MD... nice. Using the TT snow map fwiw for that.  Hope it keeps it up

Where is Yoder and what did you do to his account?   The real yoder would have been telling us about marginal boundary level temps, it's only advisory level and that it's going to be 70 next week.

Wait...

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I see a definite east trend the last 4 runs. If my area fails again that’s my guess how. Wave stays mostly east. 

It's possible. Seeing the 0z and 12z euro basically being a carbon copy with synoptics is comforting. A bit too close for the ensembles but the euro control and ensemble suite strongly supports the op. 

The trickiest thing since day one is there is literally no room on the margins. What would normally be an insignificant shift is make or break on this one. Especially as you go west. I feel pretty good for my hood though. Dead center is a good place to be at 48 hour leads with a setup like this. I'm close to setting a 2" bar but don't have confidence yet even with the short leads. Even a inch would be great considering what's coming on wed/thurs. Deep winter is coming even if only for a couple days. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Where is Yoder and what did you do to his account?   The real yoder would have been telling us about marginal boundary level temps, it's only advisory level and that it's going to be 70 next week.

Wait...

I did mention the 70 next week in another thread ;)

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic