Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

43 minutes ago, dendrite said:

3/8/05

I did my Synoptic II case study paper on that storm.

Started out as a light freezing rain in Plymouth, NH and then went to one of the most intense wind whipped blizzards I can recall. We got 6" or so, but it was super intense.

Anyway, I like where I stand for this upcoming event. It doesn't look like a big ticket event, but I think a decent moderate event is in order the way it stands now.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is a lose, lose situation if you want a big sne event.....a more proficient phase is going to track further west bc there is nothing to stop it from doing so, and a favorable track will result in a meager, disjointed mess.

I just want a 3-6”/ 4-8” storm imby. Been 2-1/2 months.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is a lose, lose situation if you want a big sne event.....a more proficient phase is going to track further west bc there is nothing to stop it from doing so, and a favorable track will result in a meager, disjointed mess.

I support this post!

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

12z NAM actually clips jimmy on the Cape now with the front running Ocean storm at d3. That has been edging west each run. 

I’m rooting for that. The more that comes West, the lower heights will be over the southeast and baroclinic zone can’t recover as quick. 

8 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Id guess this storm is going to go right over me, like the storm before the cutter. There is nothing in our current pattern that has changed from a NNE favored gradient pattern. 

The pattern has changed, regardless of whether or not it snows in Plymouth. However the NAO is not part of said changes, unfortunately.

Try to wrap your mind around that as the PV queefs and sends icy ripples through your puddles.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

4-8” will make all of us happy. Enjoy 

Good luck 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why do you want the baroclonic zone to not recover, to avoid a phased hugger mid week?

Think it won’t allow for downstream ridging, preventing storm from tugging back west, but I’ll let scooter chime in

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

4-8” will make all of us happy. Enjoy 

I'm not sure if these two statements are at odds, but especially at this point of the winter I would call anything that includes an 8" in the range a win.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ray you and I are almost in the same boat, as longitude is an issue with the angle of approach. I'm all set with this phasing into a 970 bomb that buries KSLK.

I think I'm a little better off than you are. Gradient looks like it would be sw to ne to me...pretty standard.

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The pattern has changed, regardless of whether or not it snows in Plymouth. However the NAO is not part of said changes, unfortunately.

Try to wrap your mind around that as the PV queefs and sends icy ripples through your puddles.

The pattern has changed, the storm track was not greatly affected by said changes...sure we get intrusions of the PV, now...but currently it is still a gradient pattern favoring NNE.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, we'll see. In an ideal weenie world, I want to get clipped with the srn stream and have weenie 12/20/08 light snow from onshore flow, and then have the second low bomb over Jimmy. Is that a lot to ask?

No I hate having rain during the mid-winter part of the year.  I need some snow, to help my dad.