Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

So...his squall will be going upward?

It's showing a measure of instability in saturated air. 

Theta-e tells you that a moist parcel will stay warmer as it rises due to latent heat of condensation. So if you have a higher value at the surface and lift it, and a lower value aloft but also lift it, the surface parcel will remain warmer and continue to accelerate. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Theta-e tells you that a moist parcel will stay warmer as it rises due to latent heat of condensation. So if you have a higher value at the surface and lift it, and a lower value aloft but also lift it, the surface parcel will remain warmer and continue to accelerate. 

Lets get a 45k top

• Haha 1

Just now, weathafella said:

777 is a nice plane.  What will you read on the flight?

Probably this!  Pretty empty flight to.  I got a text last night saying my seat had changed because of a aircraft switch.  They moved us from one with 48 first class to 26.  Whoops!  They were offering volunteers $1500 to sit in economy plus.  If they’d still give me dinner and drinks, I’d take that in a heartbeat.  Happily I have an empty middle.  It’s the small things...

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Probably this!  Pretty empty flight to.  I got a text last night saying my seat had changed because of a aircraft switch.  They moved us from one with 48 first class to 26.  Whoops!  They were offering volunteers $1500 to sit in economy plus.  If they’d still give me dinner and drinks, I’d take that in a heartbeat.  Happily I have an empty middle.  It’s the small things...

Wait you turned down 1500 bucks because of dinner and drinks and sitting in first class.  Wut

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

No.....I’m not in first. Steerage for me.  No such luck scoring upgrades in the transcontinental.  I need a whole lot more miles for that.  

Upgrades 25 years ago were much easier. You really have to fly a lot today.....

Also, they don’t give you cash.  They give you a flight credit that needs to be used in a year.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

777 is a nice plane.  What will you read on the flight?

I work on the electronic engine controls for that engine and the A320NEO...that aside, looks like my immediate area may get lucky while the rest of CT sucks wind, calling for 3-4 lollis to 6+ here up into the Berks...would be nice is we got a nice squall action like about 10 years ago where it dropped like 6 in 30 minutes! At this point I am hoping for a MECS or bust, no nickle and dimes, they aint gonna do it...if you think about it, wasn't it last year where we had a weekend in Feb. and a weekend in Mar. that pretty much summed up the winter, or was that 2017? I have to look at my data

2 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I work on the electronic engine controls for that engine and the A320NEO...that aside, looks like my immediate area may get lucky while the rest of CT sucks wind, calling for 3-4 lollis to 6+ here up into the Berks...would be nice is we got a nice squall action like about 10 years ago where it dropped like 6 in 30 minutes! At this point I am hoping for a MECS or bust, no nickle and dimes, they aint gonna do it...if you think about it, wasn't it last year where we had a weekend in Feb. and a weekend in Mar. that pretty much summed up the winter, or was that 2017? I have to look at my data

Are you referring to 1/28/10? Aka the greatest snow squall ever? :)

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

This might be THE event of the winter for some posters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1