Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh not you, I mean pickles.

Some are known for waving caution flags , they don’t have exclusive rights to them bc they live somewhere less snowy . But ya we all need snow 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think 3"+ there.

The battle lines are drawn, we’ll see how it plays out 

Time to go to the Gym and see what sorta booty work out world Nashua is supplying today . I would gladly take a round rump roast over this system 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Some are known for waving caution flags , they don’t have exclusive rights to them bc they live somewhere less snowy 

The battle lines are drawn, we’ll see how it plays out 

Time to go to the Gym and see what sorta booty work out world Nashua is supplying today . I would gladly take a round rump roast over this system 

I would have thought you'd take a nice Fenway Frank. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It happens on small scales. Being able to weenie click a sounding image from over a simulated radar image helps you find them easier.

It's still extremely intense...one of the best ones I've seen since 1/28/10...I do wish the lift was in a little bit of a wider zone from a coverage standpoint. This setup falls short of that one on a couple levels....the saturation doesn't go as high (pretty sure 2010 went to like 500mb, lol) and the PVA isn't quite as nice looking...2010 had almost a concentrated ball moving into SNE while this one starts to fan out as it approaches. It is still quite a intense, but not as compacted into a nice concentrated ball. But at least we have really good LL moisture....usually that is one of the limiting ingredients in our fraud windex events....we get all these parameters but the LL moisture just isn't quite there. The south winds ahead of it help juice up the low levels.

It does look like a little mesolow tries to form though which could give someone right along the track a bit of enhancement and extra residence time under good lift.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's still extremely intense...one of the best ones I've seen since 1/28/10...I do wish the lift was in a little bit of a wider zone from a coverage standpoint. This setup falls short of that one on a couple levels....the saturation doesn't go as high (pretty sure 2010 went to like 500mb, lol) and the PVA isn't quite as nice looking...2010 had almost a concentrated ball moving into SNE while this one starts to fan out as it approaches. It is still quite a intense, but not as compacted into a nice concentrated ball. But at least we have really good LL moisture....usually that is one of the limiting ingredients in our fraud windex events....we get all these parameters but the LL moisture just isn't quite there. The south winds ahead of it help juice up the low levels.

It does look like a little mesolow tries to form though which could give someone right along the track a bit of enhancement and extra residence time under good lift.

Yea too quick and fanned out today. Obviously this will be a HRRR now cast special.  Its just interesting Meteorology.  I get it that some only interest is snow and lots of it.  I am fascinated with standard deviations.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wasn’t that the one that dropped 3” with TSSN reported from ORH to TOL down to HVN all simultaneously?

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Wasn’t that the one that dropped 3” with TSSN reported from ORH to TOL down to HVN all simultaneously?

Yeah it was even more than that in spots...I had like 4 inches in 40 minutes with 3 separate flashes of lightning and thunder. That was an all timer...pretty rare.

This one will probably give someone 2-3" in a lucky spot near the little mesolow track while others get just a quick coating but I don't think the thunder/lightning and 3"+ coverage will come close to the 2010 event....that one had almost everything perfect.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I look forward to intense snowfalls reaching 495, with an abrupt death and ending of said squall line while it reaches the city of Boston.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it was even more than that in spots...I had like 4 inches in 40 minutes with 3 separate flashes of lightning and thunder. That was an all timer...pretty rare.

This one will probably give someone 2-3" in a lucky spot near the little mesolow track while others get just a quick coating but I don't think the thunder/lightning and 3"+ coverage will come close to the 2010 event....that one had almost everything perfect.

I remember we were all posting at the same time of the simultaneous lightning strikes 

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's very high end, even in the most intense Lake Effect or Upslope squalls.  

I think that's about my max at the ski resort.  4" in 45 minutes or so with thunder for a squall.  That's so awesome that happened in a heavily populated area.  Sounds like it would be complete anarchy for a while on the roads.