Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nah just facts 

Well from what I see, the squalls tomorrow have some potential. You have a very strong s/w moving through, return of moisture, and unstable lapse rates. Sure not every place may get them, but the overall look exceeds anything I've seen recently. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Well from what I see, the squalls tomorrow have some potential. You have a very strong s/w moving through, return of moisture, and unstable lapse rates. Sure not every place may get them, but the overall look exceeds anything I've seen recently. 

What else have u seen recently 

not trying to be funny but I mean what do you forecast, isolated dustings...maybe a 1/2 inch in a couple towns. 

Cool for novelty value and I guess chance of flakes in air for areas that will rain again later. 

Just I mean 20 mins of novelty , I’m like Ray , big woop

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What else have u seen recently 

not trying to be funny but I mean what do you forecast, isolated dustings...maybe a 1/2 inch in a couple towns. 

Cool for novelty value and I guess chance of flakes in air for areas that will rain again later. 

Just I mean 20 mins of novelty , I’m like Ray , big woop

Some of the mesos have that weak low forming with a curly Q look on the presentations. That's a quick 1-2 if that happened. We'll see what 12z does.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Been telegraphed pretty well, u may extend that into ASH even

thoughts the same as yesterday 

3-6 litchfield county to W Ma , then draw line from route 2 over to NW ORH county.

separate area from say PSM (just inland over to Merrimack NH to Keene NE 3-6” spot 8 in C NH over to Maine 

1-3” Merrimack valley down to 128

I really think this is an I95 to 495 (max gradient), in seacoast NH, NE MA based on morning obs. 6 F/ -7 F with North wind at 9 at KDAW this morning. I’d extend WSW to the coastal plain of NH and into NE MA, west of 495/ North of 202.

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Off the tree branch, through the garbage can, around the street pole off the garage roof, add in some a bit of lift....nothing but net.

Easy path to snow, huh...

• Haha 2

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Off the tree branch, through the garbage can, around the street pole off the garage roof, add in some a bit of lift....nothing but net.

Easy path to snow, huh...

LOL, we will see. Trust me, I'm not the Wizard of WINDEX...but some areas are under the gun. 

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Huge correction lower on surface temps on the 12z nam vs 6z already through 3 hrs. That RA/SN line needs to be shoved much further south...

NWS has more WSW’s to hoist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stakes don't seem to really be that high, here....not like a shift south in the R/S line is going to cause some radical change to snowfall amounts......like, breaking news, 2-3" likely, as opposed to 1-2".

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stakes don't seem to really be that high, here....not like a shift south in the R/S line is going to cause some radical change to snowfall amounts......like, breaking news, 2-3" likely, as opposed to 1-2".

Valid point. And there’s the nuances of snowfall accumulation of course...problem I saw here was the warm intrusion occurred right as the heaviest precipitation arrived. I think we’re talking maybe a difference of 0.2” LE that falls as snow versus mix/rain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hmm....I wonder where...this should be a big, riveting mystery.

I'll give you a hint....they are west of my area and higher in elevation.

Next.

Scooter is hanging onto positivity by the whisker of a snow squall

rainer tonite , flurry Wednesday 

scoots....come to the dark side . You be feeling so much better 

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

No I read it, I was just asking you that as a rhetorical question out of frustration with how the general public responds to phrases it deems "inflammatory."   For better or worse, sometimes we have to dumb things down because the vast majority of people don't delve too deeply into this- and we have an instant gratification/sound bite/click bait oriented society today.

I mean, I explicitly outlined what the PV is and is not in bold, italicized fawnt...and called out the media for hyping it.

I'm not sure how else to convey it.

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Valid point. And there’s the nuances of snowfall accumulation of course...problem I saw here was the warm intrusion occurred right as the heaviest precipitation arrived. I think we’re talking maybe a difference of 0.2” LE that falls as snow versus mix/rain.

Everything you outlined is correct. I'm just frustrated, bored silly with this season.

Gotta hang in there, because I still think some fun times lay ahead.

• Like 1

I mean, I explicitly outlined what the PV is and is not in bold, italicized fawnt...and called out the media for hyping it.

I'm not sure how else to convey it.

You did very well, I'm just frustrated that the media doesn't take the time to do it, even though they get paid for something you do for free.  Yet another example of how non profit does things better :-P

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

U kno what the comical thing is

nam temps didnt change at all from 3z to 7z for Merrimack valley 

they still bring 32.5 degree air to SENH /Merrimack valley they still bring 925 taint during the height of precip (8 runs in a row) for about 4 hours ....granted to say Merrimack /MHT area and this is still an underwhelming storm there regardless of temps bc of a continually modeled dry slot from at least 495 Se perhaps extend that 10 miles NW 

There are about 3 flags waving for ASH SE to 495 and frankly if people can’t see them at this point they are wishcasting