Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Hoth said:

I've reached the point where I'd almost like to see if I can go the whole of meteorological winter without 5". If a big event comes along, awesome, but otherwise I'd almost rather skip it at this point. 

I hear ya Hoth....I'd rather keep my truck nice and clean than deal with an inch of slop and filthy everything up.    But Just one Big One...If we can get a big one I'd feel satisfied with that.  Is that too much to ask...lol

• Like 1

I obviously don't have euro soundings but that PVA is trending really nicely for the potential windex event on 1/30. If we can keep that going we may have a windex event worth some hype. They don't happen all that often (esp outside the mountains) so it would be nice to get one. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The warm push isn't overly strong in the boundary layer and we have a nice airmas preceding it with a vestige of high pressure nosing down....that almost always results in a trend of less warming as we get near verification time. It can also result in lowering of QPF which is what we have seen....less warm push means less isentropic lift. 

Looks like CFrontogenesis really gets going from my area points ne....that actually worked out in the Sunday sleet bomb, but the mid levels didn't hold off as I had hoped/thought.

Thankfully, system is weak.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Finally something may be breaking our way 

Maybe. Lol...still could end up as crap. We got about 30 hours to do that. 

The windex event right on its heels is also trending better so there's a couple chances to get down a layer of snow before the obscene cold shot. 

Nam has been insistent on two areas of decent precipitation 

western 1/2 of SNE

central NH into adjacent Maine 

Worcester to ASH/LWM 

has a dry slot flag and still a 925 taint flag.  The taint ain’t for long and neither is this event.

i see NW Ct over to W. ORH county seeing 4-6” w a few higher Lollis in Berks 

and 4-6 central NH over to Maine w a few higher lolli’s possible there near 8

I believe me and ray will be lucky to see 2” ditto se to 495/128 corridor