Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah for sure. That's almost always our missing ingredient here for good squalls. Nice look for sure. 

Wednesday's going to be a commuter disaster if current progs are right. They put down the brine ,rain washes it away, it flips to snow, flash freeze then squalls. You can see them in the 3 hr qpf panels

qpf_003h.us_ne.png

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Wednesday's going to be a commuter disaster if current progs are right. They put down the brine ,rain washes it away, it flips to snow, flash freeze then squalls. You can see them in the 3 hr qpf panels

qpf_003h.us_ne.png

I'm not sure about the AM flash freeze. Seems like we may be done with most of the precip before temps drop. You really want to be in the middle of the action to get a good flash freeze.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Hopefully, last one was ugly. Instaice 

We saw it happening in real time for the last one. Pouring out around Scooter a temps were dropping 10F in 20 minutes or something like that.

Need a really anomalous anafront or some kind of anomalous cold/dry drain to give you a cold tuck. Doesn't seem like we have either for this one. 

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I always forget the month for that.  It was in December by my memory, but January makes sense now... That one was awesome

while we're tossing around :weenie: analogs, I kind of enjoyed the 2/2/18 like enhancement up the Pelham hills to YBY that the 3km nammy was advertising

30 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

I feel like Albany NWS is a bit bullish.  Fast mover.  Light snow with marginal temps during the day Tuesday and then maybe 6 hours of good stuff in the evening.  

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Word from this observer just to your NW.  Go with the number in the 90% chance greater than chart. Seems to work out.

2 minutes ago, Tom12309 said:

Word from this observer just to your NW.  Go with the number in the 90% chance greater than chart. Seems to work out.

Sounds about right LOL. Seems like the hype factor has gone up in recent years.   So 3" instead of 7".  Well, how about take the 90% chance chart and add 1" = 4".  Let's see if the Euro keeps insisting on doubling the precip of the other models. 

1 hour ago, radarman said:

while we're tossing around :weenie: analogs, I kind of enjoyed the 2/2/18 like enhancement up the Pelham hills to YBY that the 3km nammy was advertising

Wanna know how sick these squalls on on the 3k look at cape,  supercell composite and Tor STP. For those to even register means some serious lapse rates. Lol how how we pray the Arctic boundary is insane.

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Cold snot after this crap ass storm rolls through.

I'd rather a torch winter...and I honestly mean that. I'll take wall to wall warmth over this. Tomorrow can suck a fat one....I honestly hope its all rain becuase 1-2" of butt schmegma isn't worth a nightmare commute.

Pass.

• Like 2