Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Any ideas for CT? 1–2” right?

Tough call there. Prob start as snow but it may go to rain before flipping back to a bit of snow to end it. 925 gets above zero there on the models but it's been trending less potent on the warm push which usually happens when the warm punch is in the low levels and not in the midlevels. I'd prob go an inch or two of slop there. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Tough call there. Prob start as snow but it may go to rain before flipping back to a bit of snow to end it. 925 gets above zero there on the models but it's been trending less potent on the warm push which usually happens when the warm punch is in the low levels and not in the midlevels. I'd prob go an inch or two of slop there. 

same for Worcester? Hoping to get enough cover to protect plants in the garden from the cold after it.  Just waiting for this miserable winter to end now. Without snow on the ground its pretty dreary and extreme cold only makes it worse. Funny thing though, if I lived a hundred miles north, it wouldn't be half bad. Anyhow, hope we get enough to protect wife's garden.

1 minute ago, J Paul Gordon said:

same for Worcester? Hoping to get enough cover to protect plants in the garden from the cold after it.  Just waiting for this miserable winter to end now. Without snow on the ground its pretty dreary and extreme cold only makes it worse. Funny thing though, if I lived a hundred miles north, it wouldn't be half bad. Anyhow, hope we get enough to protect wife's garden.

I'd hedge mostly snow in ORH. They might ride the line for a bit but these lower level warm pushes seem to die near the city a lot kind of like in 12/29/16 or MLK 2010. Elevation will prob play a role around ORH though. I could see the northern side of the city with elevations mostly above 600-700 feet doing ok and then quinsig down to Webster square struggling a bit. 

Ill prob look closer this afternoon at the marginal areas. I actually have a lot of people from ORH asking me what's gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Who has a garden outside in Jan?

Perennials, meaning "blooms every year", can be killed off by deep frost in the ground (brought on by very cold conditions). Other plants can be damaged or killed, too. 

So far as I know, nobody takes their garden inside for the winter. 

1 minute ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Perennials, meaning "blooms every year", can be killed off by deep frost in the ground (brought on by very cold conditions). Other plants can be damaged or killed, too. 

So far as I know, nobody takes their garden inside for the winter. 

So by garden you mean perinneal flowering plants. I misunderstood. Most will be fine 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ok thanks 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter mentioned it a few posts back but I've been noticing on some of the recent meso runs this morning that some decent OES yes going late this evening over E MA. Might be some light accumulations. 

A bit of a CF near the shoreline too helping. Inversion is really low, but depth of cold may yield some light snows with a little accumulation. Take what you can get lol.

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter mentioned it a few posts back but I've been noticing on some of the recent meso runs this morning that some decent OES gets going late this evening over E MA. Might be some light accumulations. 

Even down here - looks like some mood flakes through the day with E/SE wind. 

NAM is def cooling off some or at least lessening the residence time of the warm nose. That LL warm push gets shunted east pretty quick after brief incursion. NAM even has snow over coastal plain of MA on the backside after the warm push gets shoved east.