Total Members
    Most Online
    snow01
    Newest Member
    snow01

February 2019 Discussion I

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This year at least.

Not like 15-16, when some VT sites had their snow season's biggest event on May 16.

I’m gonna laugh at you all when it happens and put you on ignore when it doesn’t...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We need a James 2015 Gulf Stream miracle I think...idk, it'll need a lot of work.

why not Jan 2000 or boxing day 2011 (?) while we are at it 

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  I have decided you have to move so that you can enjoy storms and QPF more.  Your north facing location on that hill is a no go.  Poor drainage.  Your not going to  be happy with this Euro clown map which includes tomorrows storm, weekend whatever and the 3rd system in about 9 days.  You'll never dry out.

Untitled.jpg

That's 7:00a.m on the 21st.  We sell Pit1 at 9:00a.m.  I go out with a bang to the paltry 16" of ORH.  :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Not like 15-16, when some VT sites had their snow season's biggest event on May 16.

Pretty much Feb 2013 through end of 2016 was not a good run for us in the aggregate.  Some of the numbers weren't too bad on a seasonal level but many it was like pulling teeth and a struggle the whole way.  That was the coastal plain and SNE blitz.

• Like 1

Hawaii set some records! Man what a low that went through. Set records for lowest temp and lowest snow elevation ever recorded. Snow down to 6000ft!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Hawaii set some records! Man what a low that went through. Set records for lowest temp and lowest snow elevation ever recorded. Snow down to 6000ft!

I have a friend that lives on Maui.  He is in Aspen right now on vacation.  He just sent me this.  This would be pretty epic,  snow at 3500 feet?

"I get home to Maui tomorrow. I got a text from a friend of mine who lives in Kula at 3,500 feet and it was snowing at there house…It did not stick to the ground but snow was falling.

It snows on Haleakala every couple of years.  From the ocean the view is quite dramatic to have shades of Blue (ocean), Green (rainforest) brown (arid landscape) and white (snow)"
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

I have a friend that lives on Maui.  He is in Aspen right now on vacation.  He just sent me this.  This would be pretty epic,  snow at 3500 feet?

"I get home to Maui tomorrow. I got a text from a friend of mine who lives in Kula at 3,500 feet and it was snowing at there house…It did not stick to the ground but snow was falling.

It snows on Haleakala every couple of years.  From the ocean the view is quite dramatic to have shades of Blue (ocean), Green (rainforest) brown (arid landscape) and white (snow)"

3500 feet is absolutely amazing!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

That's like it snowing at the Rock Pile.  :)

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh fv3. How weenie art thee.

Old GFS was close but disjointed and the Euro had something but weak

Not a bad look on the 18z GEFS either for the weekend, Trended colder and looks like more spread to the east.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Amazing turn of events for weekend.. though we warned  lean colder 

From cutter to fropa after rain. Deep winter.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

I’m gonna laugh at you all when it happens and put you on ignore when it doesn’t...lol.

are we at "8 muthafukas!" yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1