Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm 2 mi from the NH border, at the same latitude as KASH, and its nowhere nesr normal.

S NH has fallen behind more recently though the far southern border region has been behind since mid/late December.... slightly further north but still in S NH, CON is now like 5-6" below average. MHT is at 27 inches so they are even further behind than CON considering they don't average that much less than them. Prob like 8-9 inches below avg there right now.

PWM is still barely above average in far southern ME.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Verbatim 12z was better here, but I’d like to see more Miller B action even if it risks some taint. 

12z was kind of the "safe" solution...it didn't have a lot of upside, but it kept us snow and dropped like 5-8"....the 18z evolution risks taint but it does give us a bit more upside. It has an impressive bent back ML warm front around 126 hours to our south that would prob get us to really rip for a while.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

12z was kind of the "safe" solution...it didn't have a lot of upside, but it kept us snow and dropped like 5-8"....the 18z evolution risks taint but it does give us a bit more upside. It has an impressive bent back ML warm front around 126 hours to our south that would prob get us to really rip for a while.

Yeah I’ll take a little upside with better forcing. One to watch  anyways.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The Mansfield snowfall is very inconsistent and the collection method was not very good....but then again measuring snow above treeline on windswept rocks is a tough thing to do.  The snow depth stake is in a different location at a lower elevation below the treeline.  

BTV has a list on their website of monthly snowfall since 1880 but I don't have the link readily available.

Any 400"+ seasons you know of offhand? 

7 minutes ago, White Rain said:

I thought this was supposed to happen on Jan 20th!   Tough to get excited about snow until it’s Within 2-3 days the way this season is going.

We really need a good 6-10” event to get excited about winter again. We have had more than out allotment of rain and useless frozen for the season already.  

It’s been a tough year for sure but things are finally starting to look good. Wednesday is going to snow and beyond looks good. Possible -NAO, active, favorable MJO, I like what I see.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I mean I’m pretty much over this winter and accepted a ratter. I’ll take whatever happens though regardless. It’s earl feb and it’s just not a reality to think and wish spring is coming. 

Tossing the hands in the air, Spoken like a beaten weenie, Fight the fight