Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol why is that? Davis properly sited gives actually data. So is it the machine or the fact those winds didnt reach 30 feet down. A question for Dendrite 

I had a Davis mounted on the roof....still always seemed low. I just feel like its fraud reading from home stations. Of course, mine was in Wilminton, too.....the wind armpit of the country. Near woods, too.

Here in Methuen...I didn't bother;.....its all on the ground.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

I don’t remember what it did in VT. I just recall the 60-80mph+ winds in NY and the 50-60mph+ up here. We had shingles ripped off the roof of the house.

That was probably it then. I remember there were some big wind reports up in the Adirondacks and then it just roared across the Champlain Valley. 

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had a Davis mounted on the roof....still always seemed low. I just feel like its fraud reading from home stations. Of course, mine was in Wilminton, too.....the wind armpit of the country. Near woods, too.

Here in Methuen...I didn't bother;.....its all on the ground.

They’re fairly accurate, but it’s difficult to match an airport siting at 33’ with nothing around it for a mile. The MQE Davis often reports higher than the METAR.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They’re fairly accurate, but it’s difficult to match an airport siting at 33’ with nothing around it for a mile. The MQE Davis often reports higher than the METAR.

Thanks so they are a great representation of  30 ft surface winds in forested environments at 1k. I look forward to a pic from Kevs Davis showing max wind gust. I am thinking 48 mph 

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think so. maybe a few sprinkles, but main rain after 10pm I think.

Thanks. Hope they get it in. If it holds off to 10.30 or so they should. The NHL should start it at 8 sharp or sooner and forget about the pre game BS.