• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    binbisso
    Newest Member
    binbisso

February 2019 Discussion I

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro has wind gusts to 60mph for everyone Monday. HWW up by tomorrow you’d think. 

What weenie map has that?

Just now, weathafella said:

Kevin preaching.   The rest of the flock throwing eggs...

That’s the general look this morning. Doesn’t look like a big storm . Moderate not off table 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s the general look this morning. Doesn’t look like a big storm . Moderate not off table 

I'm not hell-bent on buying a snowblower based on the look of things.  Still, I don't want to be caught flat-footed.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maxon showed it on air a few mins ago and Ryan was talking about it on tv last night . Ask the other CT weenies 

I suspect this is a case where compressional heating on the Lee side of the apps is what will really help fuel momentum transfer from 850 to the surface.

2 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Trees and lines still down everywhere from the last two catastrophic ice storms.

Yeah I forgot about that. The main effect for me is skiing tomorrow instead of trying it on Monday.

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Yeah I forgot about that. The main effect for me is skiing tomorrow instead of trying it on Monday.

Oh absolutely, tomorrow will treat you much better.. Soft turns and a bit of sunshine 

Congrats Mike. We Pit. I will have a developing moneypit of my own when the roof, furnace, and siding all need to be replaced.

So now you can get solar embedded in roof shingles?  If so that’s the move.  Welcome to the 495 belt Mike!

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks Scott.  Doing renovations??

House was built in 86. Knock on wood nothing immediately needed, but those items I mentioned are original. I already lost a few shingles in recent storms over last few years. 

Two snow chances next week. First one is up in the air. I think euro op is trash so tossed. Might be a light event, but tough to say. Second one maybe weekend and that could be a biggie. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Congrats Mike. We Pit. I will have a developing moneypit of my own when the roof, furnace, and siding all need to be replaced.

there, there, and there

• Haha 1

Definitely looks windy on Monday....sun will really enhance the mixing. I'll take the under on 60mph for most though. There will probably be a lot of 45kt+ gusts though.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m thoroughly looking forward to the big rips Monday. Those kinds of winds are what you take a day off for to watch stuff crash down 

Would've been better if we really torched on Sunday, thawed the ground out a bit, and drowned some roots....rip'em right out of the ground.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Would've been better if we really torched on Sunday, thawed the ground out a bit, and drowned some roots....rip'em right out of the ground.

If it meant gusts over 65mph I’d sign up to melt it.. but there’s so much ice in the pack.. stuff is gonna take weeks and weeks to melt in Morch 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

If it meant gusts over 65mph I’d sign up to melt it.. but there’s so much ice in the pack.. stuff is gonna take weeks and weeks to melt in Morch 

You bare monday