Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

At least it can't get any worse next year, can it? I heard stories of yore where my grandfather got a sled in the 20s for Christmas and it never snowed. To make matters worse I think long island sound was partially frozen so must have been pretty cold.

It could easily be worse.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those things suck 

An okay general idea, but my guess is too low in most areas, and very low in some localized regions. It doesn’t take much at all to gust into the low 40’s imby on a west wind. Thinking the seacoast of NH is one of those areas this will prove far too conservative....

6 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Where's the ice storm. NWS has straight rain here

Lol...I knew this was a nothing burger for CT.  You may get a LIL mix at the start, but that’s about it. 

Hopefully we get some decent wind come Monday...something to at least track and experience...but wow what a sh*t winter for sure!! 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Lol...I knew this was a nothing burger for CT.  You may get a LIL mix at the start, but that’s about it. 

Hopefully we get some decent wind come Monday...something to at least track and experience...but wow what a sh*t winter for sure!! 

Full snowcover here, but allot will melt with nearly 1" of rain and temperatures near 50F tomorrow.  Wind doesn't excite me. Was planning on skiing Monday, but not with high winds. Out this afternoon instead.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It could easily be worse.

Unlikely.  This was about as bad a pattern as you’re ever gonna see.  Many places overachieved in it such as parts of the MA and NNE.   The coastal SNE down through NYC snow anomalies were more representative of this winter pattern than was what we saw in DCA or caribou 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Unlikely.  This was about as bad a pattern as you’re ever gonna see.  Many places overachieved in it such as parts of the MA and NNE.   The coastal SNE down through NYC snow anomalies were more representative of this winter pattern than was what we saw in DCA or caribou 

I would have easily given up the 11 inches of snow this winter for warmer temps.

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Depends where. Over here, it’s been worse.

57 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Heh...kind of a similar look to 2/17/06. Trough sandwich in the west, cutter and potent s/w and front ripping through the northeast.

gfswind.gif

02170621.png

Was that the storm that featured a very impressive squall line in VT? I remember one coming through that tore down a bunch of trees outside my dorm room my senior year. 

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Was that the storm that featured a very impressive squall line in VT? I remember one coming through that tore down a bunch of trees outside my dorm room my senior year. 

I don’t remember what it did in VT. I just recall the 60-80mph+ winds in NY and the 50-60mph+ up here. We had shingles ripped off the roof of the house.