Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I agree. Thenkfully if this still fails to produce, we are getting into mid March and it should be about over and easier to shrug off.

Yeah agree that sentiment as well...  In fact, let it bitch and piss cryonics all it wants at this time of year ... it's like a super nova?   The core of the stellar body starts fusing iron and that's the ball game - it ends really quickly.  It's fascinating ... The star can fuse heavier elements for a billion years, but the instant it hits the iron cycle... game over!  within minutes the core implodes,... but, the outer layers of the star may take up to 10 hours to even respond...  

That's what post Feb 20 is like as a metaphor... The winter is dead, but it takes between 10 days to 10 weeks depending... before the atmosphere responds ... a time in which the fires of passion may rage unaware that its foundation is gone.  

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Mama said knock it out 

OiED2PN.jpg

I haven't been paying too close attention to this but just on the surface ...  (pun intended...) this looks like it may mix pretty high and there may be some momentum fluxing.  CAA instability style... I don't see a lot of iso b type pulsing but the general advection terms are impressive amid a lot of gradient nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Extreme weenie modelology here, but I've found taking the peak MOS wind number and doubling it gives you a good estimation for max gusts (mph). FWIW, lots of 25-30 numbers for Mon.

lol, Pretty common winds out of the NW on the backside of storm systems.....meh.

30 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Just watch, as soon as we hit May we'll get a parade of them. Bunch of cut off, misery mist POS for days and days keeping everything gray and fifty degrees straight into the solstice. 

Try 43 ... I'd a given anything to feel 50 in that three straight weeks of May 2005.