Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m thoroughly looking forward to the big rips Monday. Those kinds of winds are what you take a day off for to watch stuff crash down 

Would've been better if we really torched on Sunday, thawed the ground out a bit, and drowned some roots....rip'em right out of the ground.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Would've been better if we really torched on Sunday, thawed the ground out a bit, and drowned some roots....rip'em right out of the ground.

If it meant gusts over 65mph I’d sign up to melt it.. but there’s so much ice in the pack.. stuff is gonna take weeks and weeks to melt in Morch 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So now you can get solar embedded in roof shingles?  If so that’s the move.  Welcome to the 495 belt Mike!

OT, So the answer is maybe, Tesla offers what I consider to most desirable solution, albeit untested. Combined with a power wall a good solution for new construction. Expensive. Best article I have come across on it

https://news.energysage.com/should-i-wait-for-tesla-solar-roof/

on topic , gonna rain some more here

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m thoroughly looking forward to the big rips Monday. Those kinds of winds are what you take a day off for to watch stuff crash down 

That October 2017 and March 2018 were like that. You could hear the gusts and the sound of shit snapping. Not easy to do with hardwoods too.

BTW and tamarack may appreciate this. The amount of white pine damage on the s shore in incredible. There’s some areas that are completely void of them. It’s like Mother Nature said enough of these things. Pretty amazing. I was at my parents and I can see houses in the woods that were never visible. 

1 minute ago, White Rain said:

The snowpack we have is very robust. A slot sleet and ice in the snow.  With the last cutter we only hit 43 here and the damage was not huge even with higher dews. Its going to take a really warm cutter I think to melt this off and I don't see anything like that imminent.

With the sun angle increasing the sun exposed areas will lose snow quickly though with even some relatively benign "cool" days like day with highs near 40.

You’ll keep yours. But it’s gone be ugly in spots with the sun taking a toll in typical sunny areas and the rain coming up. 

4 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Well, the Pit was sold yesterday.  Hanging in Westboro last night while we wait for our purchase to get recorded.  Then, bring in the movers.  

I am beat!!!!

It looks like I've missed diddly on the board during my move.  This weekend will allow me to see what types of leaks exist in the new house.

Congrats, All done flipping houses now?