Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This season can not end soon enough,  These petty storms are nothing more then a pain in the ass.  Nothing enjoyable about them whatsoever.

Monday’s was good because it was just snow for most.  These mixed bag ones suck, although this morning’s was less sucky than I thought.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

And THIS is what I mean about the winter being a tease. The Tels look terrible.

PNA neutral for a few days then strongly negative

AO positive throughout

NAO neutral now going strongly positive

Other than the MJO and EPO, what is going to help us with the above?

Looking at these tellies ?

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao.shtml

I was told by many meteorologists not to take these charts seriously.

6 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

And THIS is what I mean about the winter being a tease. The Tels look terrible.

PNA neutral for a few days then strongly negative

AO positive throughout

NAO neutral now going strongly positive

Other than the MJO and EPO, what is going to help us with the above?

As we’ve seen in past years if the MJO is favorable and the positioning of the ridge is good out west the AO/NAO don’t really matter other than any storm you get will be fast moving 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dude Sunday just exploded up there out of  nowhere thats foot plus with Mts near 2

I know it, Mentinoed it a page or so back, It had looked to start as frozen the last several runs then flip but its trended colder and it looks like we get a secondary that pops just in time to lock in the colder air hence a plowable event in the cards now.

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

yeah compared to what it was forecast. I would take a bunch of these type of events all winter, especially if the pack sticks around. I love plowable events with ZR on top. 

98% of us here love these snow to ice nickels and dimes. Big winters and big storms are rare for a reason. These are great. Locks in pack and creates appeal and havoc on roads 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sitting at a conservatively measured 34" since I often don't record anything less than 1". As Tip  said earlier it wouldn't take that much to get to normal.  A 12"+  and a few advisory events could do it which is not unreasonable considering there is a solid month of winter weather left.

I guess where we stand right now based on how much snow I've had and how much snow cover and winter activity I've been able to engage in I can't really give this season less than a C.   Not that that has anything to be really excited about.

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gonna have to watch for some ice in the ORH hills on Sunday....both Euro and NAM have it. It's marginal but several hours with decent QPF could make things nasty for a time.

Thats quite icy on the 12z Nam down your way, Looks to stay mainly all snow up here.

image.thumb.png.f8df6fd3596b594a57fa70ba4642ed2d.png

image.thumb.png.a39c9a31678dfbdda30787b7581c235c.png

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

98% of us here love these snow to ice nickels and dimes. Big winters and big storms are rare for a reason. These are great. Locks in pack and creates appeal and havoc on roads 

I know you are just trolling and stirring up shit, but your act gets real tired.  You can keep the havoc on the roads to your hilltop and let the other 98% of us drive safely!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Blah. Give me te biggies. Anyway, Sunday looks cold even where it rains. Sell warmth. Congrats Whineminster on ice.

• Thanks 2