Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’d prefer we get one big storm and move on. Meaning, if we get a couple advisory all snow events instead...it’s pointless to me. The time of ‘feels like winter’ after a 2-4” has passed. 

While DC grabs another 6”.... We get a slop coating. Pretty much sums up SNE winter of 2018/19

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

COCORAHS 

12/21/2018  6:00 AM  MA-BE-3  Stockbridge .2 NNE   0.48    

12/21/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-4  Becket 5.6 SSW   0.62     

12/21/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-11  Great Barrington 3.0 N   0.64      

12/21/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-18  North Adams 3.0 WNW   0.60     

12/21/2018  8:15 AM  MA-BE-10  Pittsfield 2.0 NNW   0.76      

12/21/2018  11:59 PM  MA-BE-2  Great Barrington 0.4 N   1.73      NA   

12/22/2018  6:00 AM  MA-BE-3  Stockbridge .2 NNE   1.33      

12/22/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-4  Becket 5.6 SSW   1.52     

12/22/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-11  Great Barrington 3.0 N   1.32      

12/22/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-18  North Adams 3.0 WNW   1.13     

12/22/2018  8:10 AM  MA-BE-10  Pittsfield 2.0 NNW   1.12      

12/22/2018  11:59 PM  MA-BE-2  Great Barrington 0.4 N   0.14      

Thanks, Steve.

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Is there confidence w a secondary tracking Along S SNE coast w a high pressure over western Atlantic (centered N of Bermuda  at midnite Wednesday nite

i would anticipate this going quickly over 32 with that southerly flow and Sprawling high E and SE of us and any secondary tracking inland .

im selling the 0z nam tracking that secondary SE of Boston with this UGLY set up.

Yeah I think the secondary will track Over SE MA. Doesn't mean interior stays all below freezing though because the high isn't in a good spot...but it will be a lot of 33-35F -RA/DZ after a period of snow quickly to IP/ZR. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies still Morch after 10th or so. 

Would easily take that over these SWFE that haven’t even given us much snow in the first place. I remember when even these events would at least give you a solid 6 inches before it got ugly. No point in it being cold if we are going to continue to find every possible way not to snow.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Today will be a good example of late February solar impact vs. cold temps.  I'm expecting my snow-covered, sun-exposed driveway will take a beating despite the progged high temp of 20*.  Meanwhile, it'll be deep winter on the north-facing deck.

I just noticed my solar panels have been cranking the last week or so. Had to go back to early Oct of last year for a similiar production day. Sun is definitely getting stronger. 

• Like 1

Tels are all over the place.

PNA goes positive for a hand full of days but plummets yet again days 11 onwards.

NAO has a large spread. One camp positive the other negative. In any case not too strong in either direction.

AO is very pos. but looks to go negative same time PNA drops.

MJO phase 8 then 1.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

:weenie:

Are you ready to fire up the lawn thread?  I want to start getting my lawn advice as soon as I move into the new digs Friday!

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s a shame this thing craps out at our latitude because if it did not, we could easily get another 4-6”. As it is, seems like 1-2 for many for sleet and RA/DZ.  Maybe we can hope it has some more oomph when it gets here.

:raining:

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s a shame this thing craps out at our latitude because if it did not, we could easily get another 4-6”. As it is, seems like 1-2 for many for sleet and RA/DZ.  Maybe we can hope it has some more oomph when it gets here.

The EURO has been steadily taking snow away from the Mid Atlantic and marching it northeast ward. Watch this storm be our second biggest snow producer. I think the 6z had 2-3 inches before the changeover down here.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

DC aint getting 6 stop watching the weather channel 

The trend all season has been to flip to sleet/rain quicker than modeled, the warm push aloft has not really been denied this season...not every storm is the same, but I see no reason why it will be any different with this storm down there.

Just now, Spanks45 said:

The trend all season has been to flip to sleet/rain quicker than modeled, the warm push aloft has not really been denied this season...not every storm is the same, but I see no reason why it will be any different with this storm down there.

Interesting that the Euro keeps trending North with the thump part

download (9).png

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’d prefer we get one big storm and move on. Meaning, if we get a couple advisory all snow events instead...it’s pointless to me. The time of ‘feels like winter’ after a 2-4” has passed. 

I agree, late Feb sun already melting things on the deck while it is 21 degrees. Besides it looking nice having snow fall, small events vaporize quickly in full sun at this point, especially the fluffy kind...

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Interesting that the Euro keeps trending North with the thump part

download (9).png

The north bumps have been more the trend here this winter, Yesterdays was no different, And its been once we get inside 24 hrs that we have seen this happen too on more then just one storm system.

It's a shame the dynamics are so far west in the Wed night system because the antecedent airmass is really good. It def could have been a solid 4-7 type thump if the main ejecting shortwave had been able to get further east.

The best thump is probably out in north-central PA.