Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

As a skier you should be ecstatic with how this winter played out up north

No I am for sure, don’t get me wrong. But with adult life and all the attached responsibilities I get out prolly 10 times a season, which isn’t much. When it’s going off at home it provides the illusion that I actually live in a Mountain climo, lol. Makes my time off the hill more enjoyable 

The next two events look like dung from a snow perspective even well up into NNE. (Minus the CAD region of central and N Maine where midlevels look better)

Decent CAD on both though so prob more of the 1-3" to mixed crap to ZR and cold rain/Drizzle. May sneak in a downslope dandy on Thursday though. 

Winter makes one last run I think at a good pattern near month-end and into the first week of March. Flow becomes very meridional with the ridge displaced further east than it has been. That will make things less hostile for coastal storms so if we're going to get a coastal biggie at all this winter, it's probably then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The next two events look like dung from a snow perspective even well up into NNE. (Minus the CAD region of central and N Maine where midlevels look better)

Decent CAD on both though so prob more of the 1-3" to mixed crap to ZR and cold rain/Drizzle. May sneak in a downslope dandy on Thursday though. 

Winter makes one last run I think at a good pattern near month-end and into the first week of March. Flow becomes very meridional with the ridge displaced further east than it has been. That will make things less hostile for coastal storms so if we're going to get a coastal biggie at all this winter, it's probably then. 

18 Z Euro looked pretty good in Jeffafafa Lava Tamarack hood

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

18 Z Euro looked pretty good in Jeffafafa Lava Tamarack hood

Yeah those guys look to have the best shot... I think we'll sneak in some accumulations and given the current density of the snowpack, nothing will really melt.  Just add more water content to this glacier.

Over in Maine though they've got the mid-level CAD, which is key because it avoids the sleet and ice for a much longer time.

Is there confidence w a secondary tracking Along S SNE coast w a high pressure over western Atlantic (centered N of Bermuda  at midnite Wednesday nite

i would anticipate this going quickly over 32 with that southerly flow and Sprawling high E and SE of us and any secondary tracking inland .

im selling the 0z nam tracking that secondary SE of Boston with this UGLY set up.

reason i like jb and brad field is they dont change their forecast and take chance not like others that change  all the  time. I still say we are not done with winter by long shot or snow . my winter is until april 6 . Number 2 models are going colder each run now for march and next three weeks.  i weather site page that is free and will  never charge like others .

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

OH thanks God.  Only 10-days.

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Random question--does anyone know where there's an archive of spotter reports?  I'm trying to find ones from the big rainers we've had since December.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

This is the only spot I know for Public Information Statements but there must be others.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product_sites.php?site=CRH&product=PNS

1 minute ago, klw said:

This is the only spot I know for Public Information Statements but there must be others.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product_sites.php?site=CRH&product=PNS

Thanks--I had come across that one, but it only goes back 50 (February 9th).  I need to find the ones that the earlier rainers.  Particularly that  really heavy one we had near Christmas.  Does anyone recall what the totals were like on that?  I think the western areas got particuilarly swamped (no pun intended) with upwards of 3" in spots.

5 hours ago, blizzard24 said:

reason i like jb and brad field is they dont change their forecast and take chance not like others that change  all the  time. I still say we are not done with winter by long shot or snow . my winter is until april 6 . Number 2 models are going colder each run now for march and next three weeks.  i weather site page that is free and will  never charge like others .

We will have a window to spin up a coastal but everyone is at the ‘see it to believe it’ stage. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We will have a window to spin up a coastal but everyone is at the ‘see it to believe it’ stage. 

After thinking 3-6 inches was going to be on the ground when I wake up, only to hear sleet hitting the window and still seeing the grass. I will believe it when I am snow blowing it. 

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks--I had come across that one, but it only goes back 50 (February 9th).  I need to find the ones that the earlier rainers.  Particularly that  really heavy one we had near Christmas.  Does anyone recall what the totals were like on that?  I think the western areas got particuilarly swamped (no pun intended) with upwards of 3" in spots.

COCORAHS 

12/21/2018  6:00 AM  MA-BE-3  Stockbridge .2 NNE   0.48    

12/21/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-4  Becket 5.6 SSW   0.62     

12/21/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-11  Great Barrington 3.0 N   0.64      

12/21/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-18  North Adams 3.0 WNW   0.60     

12/21/2018  8:15 AM  MA-BE-10  Pittsfield 2.0 NNW   0.76      

12/21/2018  11:59 PM  MA-BE-2  Great Barrington 0.4 N   1.73      NA   

12/22/2018  6:00 AM  MA-BE-3  Stockbridge .2 NNE   1.33      

12/22/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-4  Becket 5.6 SSW   1.52     

12/22/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-11  Great Barrington 3.0 N   1.32      

12/22/2018  7:00 AM  MA-BE-18  North Adams 3.0 WNW   1.13     

12/22/2018  8:10 AM  MA-BE-10  Pittsfield 2.0 NNW   1.12      

12/22/2018  11:59 PM  MA-BE-2  Great Barrington 0.4 N   0.14      

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

After thinking 3-6 inches was going to be on the ground when I wake up, only to hear sleet hitting the window and still seeing the grass. I will believe it when I am snow blowing it. 

I’d prefer we get one big storm and move on. Meaning, if we get a couple advisory all snow events instead...it’s pointless to me. The time of ‘feels like winter’ after a 2-4” has passed.