Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

42 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Next weekend looks like a snow event all of a sudden on the 12z GFS. We’ll, it’s been trending that way. 

Idyllic tableau of charts ... Trying to think back when I've seen a parked polar high for 30 straight hours with long-shore deep field fetch purporting endless CCB 1/2 mi vis snows...

It'd be like 20" and never snowing hard once.

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been looking like snow to ice for several days. Just like Wed night..I saw someone calling for a torch next weekend lol. 

Wed night looks like dogshit now. Not much qpf and almost no snow. It does look icy though over interior. 

I suposoe it could trend back to a couple inches of snow before light glaze but the whole synoptic setup is hideous. No dynamics far enough east. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wed night looks like dogshit now. Not much qpf and almost no snow. It does look icy though over interior. 

I suposoe it could trend back to a couple inches of snow before light glaze but the whole synoptic setup is hideous. No dynamics far enough east. 

Looks like 1-3” to ice . That’s ok with us 

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Euro with a good amount of snow before taint Wednesday night.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

this was funny to read successively

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s probably going to continues trending north as the ridge strength is picked up on.  The Euro now has the best snows across PA and central NJ.  That could easily shift 100 miles in the next 72 hours 

11 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It’s probably going to continues trending north as the ridge strength is picked up on.  The Euro now has the best snows across PA and central NJ.  That could easily shift 100 miles in the next 72 hours 

Wagons north.  Seems to fit the trend with these taint events.  

7 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Did everyone check out already ? People forgot what happened last march.

Last March was preceded by a SSW that was focused over the northern Atlantic....I could see that coming since fall 2017.

This March could certainly produce, but I don't see anything that screams it like last season.....hopefully the tropics finally begin to act the way that they were anticipated to all season.