Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I know it won't last but coming down pretty good here right now.  Driveway already coated.

This may be the most wintery week of the season so far.  Snow in the air 4 straight days.

Helluva way to run a massive cutter that washes all the snow all the way to Maine. Remember the panic up north? 

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I know it won't last but coming down pretty good here right now.  Driveway already coated.

This may be the most wintery week of the season so far.  Snow in the air 4 straight days.

I was thinking the same thing.  Real wintry appeal with the big old flakes coming down.on the (relative to the rest of the winter) deep snow.  It will look more familiar when it turns to rain in an hour.  :)

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Still only 28F here and coming down good right now.  The local forecasts basically said rain today so the slick roads will catch a few by surprise before we flip.

Late to the ballgame

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
834 AM EST Fri Feb 15 2019

CTZ002-MAZ002>004-008>011-151700-
/O.NEW.KBOX.WW.Y.0010.190215T1334Z-190215T1700Z/
Hartford CT-Western Franklin MA-Eastern Franklin MA-
Northern Worcester MA-Western Hampshire MA-Western Hampden MA-
Eastern Hampshire MA-Eastern Hampden MA-
Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Charlemont,
Greenfield, Orange, Barre, Fitchburg, Chesterfield, Blandford,
Amherst, Northampton, and Springfield
834 AM EST Fri Feb 15 2019

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...

* WHAT...A trace of light freezing rain. May mix with light snow.

* WHERE...Hartford County Connecticut, the Connecticut River
  Valley Region of Massachusetts, and north central
  Massachusetts.

* WHEN...Until noon EST today. Precipitation is expected to change
  over to all rain by midday today.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The
  hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Buried.  Just one of countless storms in the last 15 years to drop 18"+ in my back yard.

Feb_14-15_2015_Snow_Anal_box.thumb.png.770d3f65bcd6978410de574be7e0a125.png

Wow!  I forgot how EMA centered that last blizzard in the series was.  We had about 18" in that one, but with the wind and what was already on the ground it was almost impossible to tell really.

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Helluva way to run a massive cutter that washes all the snow all the way to Maine. Remember the panic up north? 

I admit, I did panic some when this event first popped up.  My fears have been alleviated some but I still won't enjoy the possible 40° high today.

1 minute ago, HimoorWx said:

Wow!  I forgot how EMA centered that last blizzard in the series was.  We had about 18" in that one, but with the wind and what was already on the ground it was almost impossible to tell really.

The midlevel magic storm it came to be known as. That was one of the storms where we beat the models pretty good. Harvey stuck to 12" in BOS despite models showing like 3". Lol. 

That snow was like lake effect too...absolute perfect dendrites and 20 or 25 to 1 stuff. Even with the wind it stacked up nicely. Wasn't quite enough wind to shatter the crystals. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I admit, I did panic some when this event first popped up.  My fears have been alleviated some but I still won't enjoy the possible 40° high today.

Fleeting high with backside snow. You guys kill me. Update to the PF worries about sleet the last storm, 14 inches at 1500 ft later....AMAPTT as me and Pickles thought, take PFs snow forecast add 20% and it is right 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The midlevel magic storm it came to be known as. That was one of the storms where we beat the models pretty good. Harvey stuck to 12" in BOS despite models showing like 3". Lol. 

That snow was like lake effect too...absolute perfect dendrites and 20 or 25 to 1 stuff. Even with the wind it stacked up nicely. Wasn't quite enough wind to shatter the crystals. 

Yeah, I remember Ginx tracking the upper level low dropping down and Messenger doing the PBP that evening.  Also remember how that one came in two waves and how Saturday evening you could actually see the moonshine and a lot of folks were calling bust.  My avatar is from that Sunday afternoon and at that point you could not even see the 42" fence at the back of our yard.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was reviewing my pics and data from that Month. Still can't believe it. The apex of my weenie career. I didn't want to come inside. I remember laying on the snow one night with my then 2 month old pup Tigger staring up at diamond dust floating down and thinking this is the best it will ever get, soak it in make it last. Peeps probably can't relate but when you grow up in SRI as a weenie you cherished every snowfall. To be buried and have it so cold it just stacks up well that's heaven. I literally watched individual flakes accumulate that night with moonlight shining. Oh man what a month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Yeah, I remember Ginx tracking the upper level low dropping down and Messenger doing the PBP that evening.  Also remember how that one came in two waves and how Saturday evening you could actually see the moonshine and a lot of folks were calling bust.  My avatar is from that Sunday afternoon and at that point you could not even see the 42" fence at the back of our yard.

Unfortunately I dont think messenger was doing pbp for that one